What specific date will the NCAA allow Tony Mitchell to join Team?

UNTMike81

Provided Mr. Mitchell has the NCAA's required hour credits (24 or 25 I believe) with the appropriate GPA. By all accounts Tony will meet these water marks. What official date has the NCAA set to allow Tony to join the team and be game eligible?

I can't tell you the day but I understood December was the month.

He should be eligible the night of December 17th, which is the day that the fall semester officially ends. From what I understand it is also dependent upon when his grades get posted, but you have to assume that the Athletic Department will push for his grades to be determined pretty much immediately after he finishes his classes.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

assuming grades get quickly that would be great but grades are not required to be posted until the Monday or Tuesday after finals.

I am not sure how grade postings work, but I was told by a very good source that the plan was for December 18 to be his first game.

When you have a player of this caliber, and you have a very pro-active AD and pro-athletics University Pres., this will not be an issue.

How much do you want bet that Tony's final paper's or test's are the first to be graded by each professor or PA assistant in each class? If grades in these classes have to be posted as a group I'd bet each professor or PA's assistant will be putting in overtime, tenured or not, so grades can be posted!!! If not, then RV and Mr. Rawlins need to have some "come to Jesus meetings with our professor's.

• Upvote 2

Check that schedule again.

18th and 20th against Jackson State and Grambling.

He'll have 2 games under his belt before LSU comes to the pit.

Just realized that Grambling's leading scorer (Pattton) from last year will be playing against his old team in UNT colors.

Nice sub-plot to this game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1