Great Letter to the editor in today's D-RC

SUMG

Steve Sullivan basically tells Denton to get off its' collective duffs and start supporting the program. It's a great Letter to the Editor. I'm pretty sure that Steve played for us....back in the 70s...before I got to Denton. I also think he was a Mean Green Club rep this past year.

The letters for 9/1 aren't on the D-RC website yet.

Great letter Steve.

Edited by SUMG

Legit. I wish I could find out how much support the student body is giving. I hated the fact that I was the only one who would walk into my class wearing our own schwag. I hated that the largest crowd ever during my time was 20,000 against NMSU, when we half-assed stormed the field and paraded the goal posts around Fry. Even my sister who was a few years older than me mocked me for going to every home game. Hell, they're ours, good, bad or mediocre. Embrace the school, and realize that if Boise can do it, anyone can.

• Upvote 6

I think all of us need to post as many comments as we can on DRC. This is an opportunity to try to get the local residents involved. Be firm, but supportive. Nothing is gained by being negative any longer.

Write letters to the editor at DRC. Make it know that, yes there is a growing support structure here and it's time for everyone to get on board.

• Upvote 1

Athletics isn't going away, and where else can you get 30k alumni and fans of the school out together and supporting the University?

Denton's long been a drinking town with a college problem, if Denton residents can embrace this University, they will see their cities fortunes change for the better.

• Upvote 1