Possible Transfer ?

NT03

Graduated high school in 2008. Did a few years at a JUCO (redshirted there, too?) and one year at Grambling.

Grambling got hit with an APR penalty postseason ban. It's not unheard of for guys, even those without enough eligibility left to sit a year, to get a transfer waiver in these situations. USC footballers got a blanket no-sit transfer waiver back in 2010.

His twitter says he hit town on the 19th, got to campus on the 20th, did orientation on the 24th, and he's going to class right now.

There has to be a reason it isn't announced yet, but this looks pretty promising.

Averaged 13 points & 7 rebounds a game last year

Had 26 & 10 vs UNT & had a season high 31 vs MVSU

He was their leading scorer and rebounder. 40% from the field, just over 25% from outside the 3 point line (only 59 attempts).

6'7" tall, 200 pounds. All-conference SWAC last year.

Looks like he could be a day one starter, even with all the talent already on board.

He was their leading scorer and rebounder. 40% from the field, just over 25% from outside the 3 point line (only 59 attempts).

6'7" tall, 200 pounds. All-conference SWAC last year.

Looks like he could be a day one starter, even with all the talent already on board.

If not, that's a heckuva baller to have on the bench.

In addition to mean green Mat's question is Justin a walk on, or is JJ giving him our last scholarship. If so, fine Justin's 6-7 from above post and sounds like quality player. JJ must be happy with the team he's assembled and has a plan at the "5". I can't wait to see what JJ plan is, and I can't wait for basketball season.

This is from a guy that always hit the football board first back in the day. Sure am happy I changed my ways. Hopefully Coach Mac can do half the job JJ and staff has done. If he does or comes close to what JJ is doing UNT football will be in good shape soon enough.

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1

Graduated high school in 2008. Did a few years at a JUCO (redshirted there, too?) and one year at Grambling.

Grambling got hit with an APR penalty postseason ban. It's not unheard of for guys, even those without enough eligibility left to sit a year, to get a transfer waiver in these situations. USC footballers got a blanket no-sit transfer waiver back in 2010.

His twitter says he hit town on the 19th, got to campus on the 20th, did orientation on the 24th, and he's going to class right now.

There has to be a reason it isn't announced yet, but this looks pretty promising.

Would this be similar to when USC got hit with post season ban in football and all upperclassmen were free to transfer and be eligible immediately?

In addition to mean green Mat's question is Justin a walk on, or is JJ giving him our last scholarship. If so, fine Justin's 6-7 from above post and sounds like quality player. JJ must be happy with the team he's assembled and has a plan at the "5". I can't wait to see what JJ plan is, and I can't wait for basketball season.

This is from a guy that always hit the football board first back in the day. Sure am happy I changed my ways. Hopefully Coach Mac can do half the job JJ and staff has done. If he does or comes close to what JJ is doing UNT football will be in good shape soon enough.

Go Mean Green!!!

Accordfing to his twitter he is on ship. If he can can play this season , I can see him being our starting 2 guard. He sounds like the perfect player for Jordan Williams to play under/ learn from during his frosh year

Accordfing to his twitter he is on ship. If he can can play this season , I can see him being our starting 2 guard. He sounds like the perfect player for Jordan Williams to play under/ learn from during his frosh year

C. Jones

Patton

Franklin

Mitchell

Hogans

All of a sudden, we're not such a young team anymore. There would still be growing pains, but 3 of those 5 have D1 experience, and Tony Mitchell is Tony Mitchell.

Could be interesting.

Patton really lit NT up last year, he was the best player on the court for that game. Anyone thinking that JJ is looking for a rebuilding year should reconsider. On paper this is one deep team, I am not sure anyone other than Mitchell is a sure starter. JJ and staff are going to have a rough time keeping all these players happy with playing time. I believe the second team this year is potentially better than a whole lot of past NT team's starting fives.

Do any of us in the Mean Green Nation really think our team won't go Dancing this year? After our freshman class I thought It would be a real long shot if we didn't make the Dance. Now with the new additions to our team and Tony Mitchell's almost certain arrival at the end of 11, I'd bet a $10 spot that we have a 100% chance of dancing. Our team can even endure (God forbid) a few player injuries during our upcoming season.

If UNT can't pack the Pit with students and fans I'll be shocked!! Now it's time for the AD office to market our team 150%. Past ordinary marketing I mean billboards, and even commercial media ie. print, radio, and TV ads.

This years team can back up the marketing campaign and ensure UNT regional to national exposure is spotlighted.

I'd bet everyone that attends a game this year for the first time will be back for more.

It's time for me to plan a trip from Houston to the Pit. I'll be ordering my tickets at the end of the month. I might just bring an LSU fan with me!!! If everyone brought a friend that was a fan of a different team to the Pit I'd bet we could win them over with the talent on our team.

RV...get ready to open your checkbook again!!! If you don't think other AD of big 6 school's won't notice what JJ is going and does this year at UNT, your crazy. LOL, I know you're not crazy, and I know you know a lot of folks will be taking notice of UNT. It won't be because you built a new FB Stadium, or hire a coach with BCS coaching experience. Time for me to go make some more Kool-aid...I can't wait for BB season!!!

Do any of us in the Mean Green Nation really think our team won't go Dancing this year? After our freshman class I thought It would be a real long shot if we didn't make the Dance. Now with the new additions to our team and Tony Mitchell's almost certain arrival at the end of 11, I'd bet a $10 spot that we have a 100% chance of dancing. Our team can even endure (God forbid) a few player injuries during our upcoming season.

If UNT can't pack the Pit with students and fans I'll be shocked!! Now it's time for the AD office to market our team 150%. Past ordinary marketing I mean billboards, and even commercial media ie. print, radio, and TV ads.

This years team can back up the marketing campaign and ensure UNT regional to national exposure is spotlighted.

I'd bet everyone that attends a game this year for the first time will be back for more.

It's time for me to plan a trip from Houston to the Pit. I'll be ordering my tickets at the end of the month. I might just bring an LSU fan with me!!! If everyone brought a friend that was a fan of a different team to the Pit I'd bet we could win them over with the talent on our team.

RV...get ready to open your checkbook again!!! If you don't think other AD of big 6 school's won't notice what JJ is going and does this year at UNT, your crazy. LOL, I know you're not crazy, and I know you know a lot of folks will be taking notice of UNT. It won't be because you built a new FB Stadium, or hire a coach with BCS coaching experience. Time for me to go make some more Kool-aid...I can't wait for BB season!!!

Look man...I like your enthusiasm, but let's just go ahead and tap the breaks on guaranteeing post-season, national media coverage and an all of a sudden passionate 7500-10,000 strong fan base. Especially in August.

I think we have the potential for a very deep and versatile team, however we return just 4 lettermen and will be counting rather heavily on a group of freshmen and counting on the immediate eligibility of two transfers (Franklin and Patton), something that I've yet to see as set with certainty.

We've no proven perimeter shooters.

We've no proven rebounding presence...at least until late December.

We've two freshmen and a sparingly used red-shirt sophomore pencilled in at the 1.

It takes a lot more than just raw talent to be a successful basketball team...let alone the special one you're predicting. I am very excited to see the product JJ has put together...but again, there a still lots of questions that need to be answered before any of us should be booking flights and hotels for a month long roadie with the Men's team in March.

Also...no grown man should ever use "LOL" for anything other than irony's sake.

• Upvote 3

I am very excited to see the product JJ has put together...but again, there a still lots of questions that need to be answered before any of us should be booking flights and hotels for a month long roadie with the Men's team in March.

A month is ambitious, but I'm definitely in for a week.