Git Sum Presidentin' (Republican primaries)

Please nominate Santorum, it would be just wonderful.

Please nominate Obama...it will be even more wonderful.

I don't like super pacs...they are illegal...oh, wait...I do like super pacs because you can't compete without them and now they benefit me...Obama at his best...ha...too funny.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Me thinks me hears fear in the little liberal's voice.

This constant belittlement is on the verge of harassment. I'd suggest you'd find another hobby.

But to answer that accusation: why on earth would you think that? There's so much dirt on Santorum that doesn't even need to be uncovered - it's all out in the open. Even Trump brought up a decent point: he lost his re-election in 2006 by 16 points. 16 points in his own state. A Santorum nomination would guarantee an Obama re-election. Yeah, I'm really scared.

I can assure you as an independent who voted for McCain - I would never in a million years vote for Santorum.

Long way to go. You may not, but the majority of independents will if the economy is still terrible. Think candidate Obama circa 2008.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me thinks me hears fear in the little liberal's voice.

Me thinks the little conservative doesn't get it. Obama will beat Romney. Polls are showing the more Romney talks and talks and talks the less people like him, his numbers polling against Obama are dropping. Santorum would not beat Obama, and I know you are going to disagree with that, but you're wrong. Santorum would not get the independent voters, no way, no how.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

---The GOP is a complete mess.... There are the social conservatives that thump Bibles, whose only issues are anti-abortion even to rape victims and very young girls.. plus no gay marriage and seem to care less about anything else..... then there are the T-party guys who absolutely don't want to pay taxes and even want MORE cuts while the debt is going to the devil,..... and then there are the more rare type, the ones that are actually financial conservative and want the debt back under control even if taxes need to be adjusted... [pretty much like Democrats of 1993-2001 when the debt increased less than 2% per year and had the only balanced budgets since 1980] These groups don't seem to be able to compromise or support each other at all. Every GOP candidate offends one of those groups or more than one. Some candidates differ greatly from what their history is and what they say they are... [ Gingrich especially plus Santorum and his history of excessive earmarks]... Good luck...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Me thinks the little conservative doesn't get it. Obama will beat Romney. Polls are showing the more Romney talks and talks and talks the less people like him, his numbers polling against Obama are dropping. Santorum would not beat Obama, and I know you are going to disagree with that, but you're wrong. Santorum would not get the independent voters, no way, no how.

Well, there you go...the final word...let's just call the election off right now and save all the effort. Someone call Santorum and Romney and Gingrich and Paul and tell them it's over already. Why bother to carry on?

Anyone who thinks this thing is over and no one of the candidates can beat Obama just isn't paying attention...way too early. Who knows...O might win again...indeed he can...especially if he keeps changing his position on things every few days...I find it laughable that people on both sides are already "calling it" one way or the other. It's a GUESS at this point and nothing more...one may GUESS right, one may guess wrong, but it's a guess and an opinion. That is all!

Look, O can be re-elected for all I care if the R's win the Senate and keep the House...but, to those who think an R cannot beat Obama this time around, you are either too young or too lacking in political history or knowledge or insight to have any real feel for it this early...heck, even the so-called experts are hedging their bets right now.

Come on folks, sit back and have some fun. This thing has a very long way to go.....seriously...calling it now? Really?

Well, there you go...the final word...let's just call the election off right now and save all the effort. Someone call Santorum and Romney and Gingrich and Paul and tell them it's over already. Why bother to carry on?

Anyone who thinks this thing is over and no one of the candidates can beat Obama just isn't paying attention...way too early.

Sounds good to me, You call Santorum, Romney, Gingrich, and Paul, and I'l call the Prez. Although really you just need to call Romney and maybe Santorum because the other two are done. Anybody paying attention would realize that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's the economy, stupids

And yet, even with over 8% unemployment Obama still beats any R candidate head-to-head. The economy will most likely get better, or least not any worse, and the best candidates the Republicans can muster up still can't get any momentum. A year ago you guys were thinking it would be 1980 all over again, yet it's look more and more like 1996 for Obama.

This constant belittlement is on the verge of harassment. I'd suggest you'd find another hobby.

Uh, I'm a conservative, your a liberal. Think that has been pretty well defined.

I guess you were "belittled" by the term "little"?? If so, my apologies. Just realize it was used as an endearing term, like "look at the cute little dog."

Better?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And yet, even with over 8% unemployment Obama still beats any R candidate head-to-head.

In most of the polls, that's been true; but I saw a poll just a few days ago where Santorum beats Obama. Any nameless Republican candidate consistently beats Obama handily; the fact that those numbers don't hold up when a real candidate is inserted speaks to the quality of the Republican candidates. Regardless, it's still early to be prognosticating the outcome of this election, especially when no one knows who Obama's opponent will be. There's just a lot of time between now and November, and I believe either Romney or Santorum can beat Obama, depending on the quality of campaign run and external circumstances.

And the economy is coming back.

We shall see. As I pass a gas pump that was $3.10 a gallon three weeks ago that is now $3.49, and with gas prices predicted of over $4.00 per gallon by summer, I don't see it happening in time for Pres. Obama.

Also, one slight better month doesn't make a recovery.

Time will tell.

We shall see. As I pass a gas pump that was $3.10 a gallon three weeks ago that is now $3.49, and with gas prices predicted of over $4.00 per gallon by summer, I don't see it happening in time for Pres. Obama.

Also, one slight better month doesn't make a recovery.

Time will tell.

---Gasoline was over $3.90 in Texas in the summer of 2008.... and when I drove to Florida most of the Southern States had it priced at over $4.00 (expensive auto trip).. Then the banking crisis happened in Sept-Oct. along with the Banking bail -outs and it dropped greatly and has never been that high again.... nor has employment... Low gasoline prices don't necessary mean good economy. At the same time in 2008 the stock market started tanking and continued to do so until it went into the 6000's in early 2009.... It began recovering in March of 2009. It is now almost 13,000 again. Also car companies were bailed out in early 2009 and Chrysler has paid that money back, Ford didn't take any...GM still owes some.... and the "Clunker" program increased production and helped keep people working in factories and at car dealerships. That was a much better option that the increased employment that could have resulted and insane amount of unemployment checks that would have been paid.

Deal with facts not political party prejudice.... I am not sure some really realize what conservative is... balancing the budget which happened in the 90's was... Doubling the debt it as happened after 2001 isn't. You don't spend more than you take in (for all eight years) and be considered conservative.

True the debt is still going up.... well... what has Congress passed to help...? about nothing. The President doesn't pass bills, Congress does, he just signs or vetos them.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2

And yet, even with over 8% unemployment Obama still beats any R candidate head-to-head. The economy will most likely get better, or least not any worse, and the best candidates the Republicans can muster up still can't get any momentum. A year ago you guys were thinking it would be 1980 all over again, yet it's look more and more like 1996 for Obama.

So say the talking heads...believe all that crap at your own peril. Anyone who thinks the election is a done deal at this point is just naive or simply delusional. Way too early to call this one for either side. But, I hope "your guy" is taking it as casually as some on here seem to be...go ahead, sit back and relax....it's not November yet.

Got to love your enthusiasm Obama...glad you can see all the "warts on the R's", but turn a complete blind eye to the disaster that is the Obama presidency. Keep it up...good for your side. Keep thinking it's all over and keep listening to the "talking heads"...politics...ain't it great?

And you don't see a problem with talking to a grown man this way?

Well, let's get your definition of a "grown man". Is it based only on age? The fact that you use such offensive language in your posts leads me to believe that you still have a little "growing up" to do. If you can only respond by using such language in a public forum then I would think you might want to re-consider what is and is not a "grown man". When the only response you can muster is in the form of foul and disgusting language, sir, you have definitely lost the debate.

• Downvote 1