Git Sum Presidentin' (Republican primaries)

That's what we need. A C/D student with an elementary level understanding of the economy, whose response to the debt is to just sell everything (i.e bridges, parks, roads etc) to corporations and have them run things like that. This guy is a joke, Obama will make him look terrible in a debate, should make for excellent TV.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

That's what we need. A C/D student with an elementary level understanding of the economy,

If true(I don't know what kind of grades he made?) then at least we know WHAT his grades actually were, right? As far as his understanding of the economy goes, I'm going to hold out hope he's paid a little attention to History and knows you can't spend your way out of a recession/depression?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Perry has been a good governor for a very long time. He is the best option of all the GOP candidates. He has my vote.

Obama is the worst President I've seen in my lifetime, and I can remember Carter. Obama won't stand up to anyone but the American taxpayer.

Why some people choose to bash Perry is beyond me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

Is this off base? A post found on my FB news feed:

Rick Perry sucks!!!

1. education cuts

2. tax break if you own a yacht

3. tax break if you own a vacation home

4. building a new mansion at tax payer expense

I never understood the flack for point #4. The Texas Governor's mansion was burned down. Why would we not build a new one?

Thinking his nomination bid will look a lot like Huckabee's in 08. Probably a sweep of the south, always in the running for a few months, but just not enough of the Republican electorate to get behind him. He'll probably get a decent amount of backers (especially from those with $$ in Texas) to stay in the race for a while, but ultimately it'll be Romney. I'd bet he doesn't take too many risks in campaigning as he probably wants to be VP.

And no matter how you feel about it, not matter the context, a lot of people will not forgive him for the secession comments.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's what we need. A C/D student with an elementary level understanding of the economy, whose response to the debt is to just sell everything (i.e bridges, parks, roads etc) to corporations and have them run things like that. This guy is a joke, Obama will make him look terrible in a debate, should make for excellent TV.

Interesting...I guess you have never seen perry in a debate. Like him or not, the guy can talk. Debates are hardly real debates these days...just oratory from the candidate. Perry is pretty decent at that kind of thing. Obama has shot himself in the foot so often of late and has been such a bust as a leader that one should not count our Perry, Romney or any of the other republican candidates any too soon. To do so might just open the door for them....Obama is definitely vulnerable and there are those who say that he'll lose no matter who runs for the R's. Don't know about that either. One should never underestimate the power that is the incumbent president during a presidential run. Should be fun to watch...buckle up and enjoy the ride.

I never understood the flack for point #4. The Texas Governor's mansion was burned down. Why would we not build a new one?

he's not even building one he's just renting a 10,000 dollar a month mansion on lake travis at the tax payers expense. Doesn't exactly look great when he keeps calling himself a "full throated fiscal conservative" and when the state has a pretty hefty budget shortfall requiring the state to cut certain entitlement programs (some of which needed to be cut) and cutting a ridiculous amount of money out of the education budget etc etc. And the Mansion didn't completely burn down, it had some fire damage, I think it's either been repaired or should have been for a while now.

Edited by mattmartin817

Interesting...I guess you have never seen perry in a debate. Like him or not, the guy can talk. Debates are hardly real debates these days...just oratory from the candidate. Perry is pretty decent at that kind of thing. Obama has shot himself in the foot so often of late and has been such a bust as a leader that one should not count our Perry, Romney or any of the other republican candidates any too soon. To do so might just open the door for them....Obama is definitely vulnerable and there are those who say that he'll lose no matter who runs for the R's. Don't know about that either. One should never underestimate the power that is the incumbent president during a presidential run. Should be fun to watch...buckle up and enjoy the ride.

It will be fun. The Prez has a bit of a gift for speaking as well. I've never been to impressed with Perry in debate type situations. He looked like a little kid when debating KBH and Kathy Glass this last election cycle. But I certainly wouldn't count him out either. I just think he may have some issues getting a whole lot of strong republican support. A lot of republican's simply don't like the guy, but they like Obama even less, so who knows maybe they will just stay home on election day.

It will be fun. The Prez has a bit of a gift for speaking as well. I've never been to impressed with Perry in debate type situations. He looked like a little kid when debating KBH and Kathy Glass this last election cycle. But I certainly wouldn't count him out either. I just think he may have some issues getting a whole lot of strong republican support. A lot of republican's simply don't like the guy, but they like Obama even less, so who knows maybe they will just stay home on election day.

Doubtful, they may dislike Perry, but I'm sure the hate/strong dislike/disagreement on policy (however you want to put it) for Obama is much stronger. They will be out in full force.

Perry has been a good governor for a very long time. He is the best option of all the GOP candidates. He has my vote.

Obama is the worst President I've seen in my lifetime, and I can remember Carter. Obama won't stand up to anyone but the American taxpayer.

--Obviously you are NOT in education..... our budgets have been cut regularly for years..... college tuition has rapidly climbed because of him and the Legislature..... local taxes are worse because of less state funding so locals have to pick it up.... and he has vetoed so many things that he said he supported.... [guess he didn't think the legislature would pass them and make a liar out of him] He even cut all health insurance from community college staffs [ even most of the legislature was appalled by it, it had been in the state budget for YEARS} ... The state doesn't give a huge support to community colleges, local taxes do. Community colleges lessen the burden on the state because of local funding.... then he decided to eliminate our insurance..... UNT etc. is all state money, plus tuition, donations... no local financial support.

--He is the worst governor for education EVER... includes Briscoe and Mark White. Also the State Parks in Texas are now a mess as well... one of his budgets provided ONE new pickup for the ENTIRE state park system. There are a lot more reasons to dislike him including the Spanish Highway project he wanted..... just read and listen. He is conservative, I agree... very conservative... too conservative... I guess not changing your car's oil and not paying your light bill is conservative too...... but it isn't smart.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

---Rebuilding it isn't the problem..... what he rented on Lake Travis while it was being reconstructed is. ....VERY VERY EXPENSIVE... and we paid for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

--He is the worst governor for education EVER... includes Briscoe and Mark White. Also the State Parks in Texas are now a mess as well... one of his budgets provided ONE new pickup for the ENTIRE state park system. There are a lot more reasons to dislike him including the Spanish Highway project he wanted..... just read and listen. He is conservative, I agree... very conservative... too conservative.

No Question!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I tend to agree with the posters on here regarding Perry. While I may be a fiscal conservative republican, some of Perry's cuts have seriously hurt our education system. We really need to fix the problems associated with the gross margins tax under performing so the state can pick up a higher % of the education bill instead of greatly stressing our local communities. I believe this is supposed to be getting worked now or soon correct?

Well, I'll give it a go.

He isn't a conservative, but pretends to be one.

He was a democrat until he realized that he couldn't get elected, so he became a republican. Doesn't speak real highly for courage of convictions.

Took bailout money to balance the Texas budget, then attacked the bailout, and the very next year this state was in the same position, so he did nothing to cut spending, even knowing that the Feds had saved his bacon the previous year.

He wanted to make mandatory the vaccination for HPV. Personally, I have no issue with this, but I do understand that some people may not want to be forced to take their daughter to a government doctor to have a needle shoved in her arm with no imput into the decision.

This is a personal opinion, but to me, he appears not to have a moral compass. Much like Clinton, just say whatever it takes to get elected. Not the place in time for another one of... these.

I believe Bush was a Christian and did what he thought was right at the time the decision was made, regardless of the outcome. I do not believe the same things about Gov. Perry.

Adios, MoFos!!!!!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1