More reason to stay away

eppy4life

Baylor blow hard Matt Mosley tweets his idea last night for the South West Conference II when A&M leaves the Big 12:

Here's my idea for SWC II: UT, Baylor, Tech, TCU, RICE, SMU, Houston, OU, OSU. And I'm cool with LHN showing a 12-3A game of the week.

The only reason to listen to them is to catch the Mavs and the Rangers.

Other than that, you are just wasting time. The commercials on the ticket are better content than espn radio...

Baylor blow hard Matt Mosley tweets his idea last night for the South West Conference II when A&M leaves the Big 12:

Here's my idea for SWC II: UT, Baylor, Tech, TCU, RICE, SMU, Houston, OU, OSU. And I'm cool with LHN showing a 12-3A game of the week.

Baylor has been in a conference with all of those teams at different points over the last 100 years. It makes sense that a Baylor alum would love to keep those rivalries going, since most of their fans have strong ties to playing those schools. NOw, if he included UTEP, then I would be offended. It just shows how strong that old SWC mentality is within the state and its media.

• Upvote 1

Baylor has been in a conference with all of those teams at different points over the last 100 years. It makes sense that a Baylor alum would love to keep those rivalries going, since most of their fans have strong ties to playing those schools. NOw, if he included UTEP, then I would be offended. It just shows how strong that old SWC mentality is within the state and its media.

I agree. The list really does completely make sense. But coming from a Baylor guy it just makes me laugh how they think of themselves as on par with the TTs and OSUs of the college football world.

• Upvote 1

Should teams leave the Big 12, Texas will not allow any new additions from the State of Texas. Why share the market? BYU, Memphis, Tulsa, and Air Force make more sense to me.

Guys, Tulsa will flame out this year, then go back to mediocre. They set up in our backyard a litte bit after we stumbled and they found footing under Kragthorpe and Graham.

BUT...their rehabbed stadium looks like a bucket of bolts compared to our new joint. And, they went the route of less experienced coaches when Graham jetted to Pitt.

The days of Tulsa filling its roster with players in our area is about to end. And, people...not even OU and OSU sign many players from Oklahoma.

Tulsa in a conference with Texas is otherworldly thinking. Mark my words, they will be 1-4 or 0-5 when we go up there on October 1. That game will determine whether they crawl out of their hole and compete for the rest of the year, or start preparing for 2012.

If A$M leaves for the SEC (my guess) ---

Look for U.T. to go Independent (at least in Football)

O.U. will not stay in a confernece with no A$M or U.T. - They will go with A$M

Guys, Tulsa will flame out this year, then go back to mediocre. They set up in our backyard a litte bit after we stumbled and they found footing under Kragthorpe and Graham.

The days of Tulsa filling its roster with players in our area is about to end. And, people...not even OU and OSU sign many players from Oklahoma.

Interesting thought, that we could see one program falter (Tulsa or Houston, maybe?) as we gain steam and thus win the DFW recruiting war.

The DFW recruit market is huge, but ultimately limited. As KRAM says, why not NT?