Happy Birthday George Derr

Harry

George was one of my inspirations for this site as I found him many years ago discussing North Texas Athletics on an AOL message board. Back then, as today - I found him to be highly intelligent and knowledgeable in all matters relating to UNT and life in general. He has given generously of his time and money to support this program even when it was on life support. I cannot think of another fan who is more deserving to witness the opening of this new stadium. George, happy birthday my friend and thank you for your years of dedication and service to the cause. GMG!

Let me add my Birthday wishes to George as well. George is one of the long-time passionate Mean Green supporters and the Mean Green Nation is luck to be able to call George Derr one of their own. happy birthday, young fella...hope to see you at the Kickoff Cookout this saturday!

Go get 'em!

Happy birthday, George. I remember you from as far back as 1956 so I know that you didn't just fall off of a turnip truck. I'm pretty sure that basketball is your true passion but you've always been loyal with your money, time, and attendance to both sports and academics. As they say, I wish that we had thousands more like you but that would be extremely difficult for any university. I wish you the best on your birthday and all of your days to follow.

I met George through Harry's original fan message board. George didn't know me from adam, yet graciously invited me up to Denton for a UNT basketball game. Lot of fun. For those that don't know him, he's very knowledgeable in all things related to UNT Sports. And he's was/is a pretty damn good CPA too! We may need a nickname for him- the Dean of UNT Sports, or better yet, The Soothsayer. Like someone else mentioned, George predicted the outcome of the Dodge hire before the ink was dry on the contract.

Happy birthday, George. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Edited by DeepGreen