Miami Reminder

today is the last day (maybe tomorrow...depends on what they mean by expires on 22nd) for the discounted rate at the hotel our team is staying at for FIU.

495a4421-f4d2-44dc-8243-96d.jpeg

miami2.jpg

600x600_1304363651339-pool106.jpg

Cheap flight plus $103 a night (at this rate). Get out of the Texas heat and head to Miami to watch the Mean Green literally decapitate FIU (ok not literally) on the field of battle!

Marriott

• 2 weeks later...

3 of us from Undergrad Admissions will be there! This will be our first away game, so we're really excited!

That's great to hear! I have a group going as well. We need to find/name an official Gomeangreen bar or restaurant where we can all meet up when we get into town.

That's great to hear! I have a group going as well. We need to find/name an official Gomeangreen bar or restaurant where we can all meet up when we get into town.

I nominate Wet Willie's in South Beach. Right on Oceans Drive. They have a Balcony that overlooks Oceans Drive, Beach, and those that like to hang out on the Beach(wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?). GOOD DRINKS and EXCELLENT SCENERY!

Dang. I guess that makes the odds of Patrick Cobbs being at the UNT/FIU game pretty low.

unfortunately, he isn't on the dolphins roster anymore. he was a free agent and they didn't resign him. hope he catches on somewhere.

I am going to throw in a couple locations here:

Mike's Venetia is easy walking distance from the hotel if an HQ spot is needed (1 block over).

Mike's Yelp Profile

Mike's Website

Also within easy walking distance is a highly rated Democratic Republic of Beer with a massive beer selection

DROB YELP

South Beach is mostly drive around till you see something that matches what you are looking for....and be prepared for cost increases.

• 2 weeks later...

Was anything decided on this? Me and michagb were talking today about our Miami plans! We're driving in from Orlando, so we'll be there early Wednesday afternoon.

We also need sign ideas. We're making a FI Who sign, but we really wanted something more clever. Based on some of the posts I've read, surely someone on here can think of some!

• Upvote 2

I am going to throw in a couple locations here:

Mike's Venetia is easy walking distance from the hotel if an HQ spot is needed (1 block over).

Mike's Yelp Profile

Mike's Website

Also within easy walking distance is a highly rated Democratic Republic of Beer with a massive beer selection

DROB YELP

South Beach is mostly drive around till you see something that matches what you are looking for....and be prepared for cost increases.

A block from the team hotel? That would be cool.