My time as a lonely UNT fan at the Texas Monthly Shoot

jtm0097

I thought we were going to be contacted by someone after posting in that one thread, then I made the wrong assumption that it was probably already filled up. Glad you went so we had some representation, just wished I would've spoken up - looking forward for the pics.

Hey guys I am sure that you all saw the recent posts for fans that were needed for the Texas Monthly college football fan photo shoot. Well I ended up going and doing the photo shoot and being a representative of UNT down in Austin. It was a great gig, and they put me up in the Omni hotel for 2 nights down here in Austin. Texas Monthly couldn't find any other UNT fans so I got my girl friend who is a UNT alumni as well to participate. Well we got to the

shoot today, and it seemed like there was a stereotypical fan from each FBS school in Texas. Here were a few stereotypes I noticed about a few of the schools fans. The TCU and SMU fans that arrived were very typical. They came dressed in with their shirts tucked in, hair combed over, and wearing their sperrys. The Tech fans were the first ones to start drinking, and had a flag that said Tech drinking team. The A&m fans had some of their male fictional military cheerleaders there. The Texas fans were nice and had good things to say about our university. The Rice, U of H and UTEP fans all were very nice as well. We all talked about football and how our schools are moving in the right direction. I showed pictures of our new palace, and they agreed it was awesome. I had a lot of fun down here and tried to promote our University as best as I could. I can't get to any more specifics about what was done with the shoot but look out for the September edition of Texas Monthly, Go Mean Green!

+1 for showing up to showing up to represent us!

Hey guys I am sure that you all saw the recent posts for fans that were needed for the Texas Monthly college football fan photo shoot. Well I ended up going and doing the photo shoot and being a representative of UNT down in Austin. It was a great gig, and they put me up in the Omni hotel for 2 nights down here in Austin. Texas Monthly couldn't find any other UNT fans so I got my girl friend who is a UNT alumni as well to participate. Well we got to the

shoot today, and it seemed like there was a stereotypical fan from each FBS school in Texas. Here were a few stereotypes I noticed about a few of the schools fans. The TCU and SMU fans that arrived were very typical. They came dressed in with their shirts tucked in, hair combed over, and wearing their sperrys. The Tech fans were the first ones to start drinking, and had a flag that said Tech drinking team. The A&m fans had some of their male fictional military cheerleaders there. The Texas fans were nice and had good things to say about our university. The Rice, U of H and UTEP fans all were very nice as well. We all talked about football and how our schools are moving in the right direction. I showed pictures of our new palace, and they agreed it was awesome. I had a lot of fun down here and tried to promote our University as best as I could. I can't get to any more specifics about what was done with the shoot but look out for the September edition of Texas Monthly, Go Mean Green!

Thanks for jumping on that! I posted the links just on a whim after seeing TM's post on Twitter. Looking forward to seeing the feature in the Sept. issue!

I guess I dress like a TCU and SMU fan...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thanks for representing the Mean green. Interesting that no Austin area based Mean green fans participated. Nice that UNT was represented so well. Thanks for the recap of events. Hope it was great fun.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Not only do I comb my hair, but I also use moose.

Did most schools have more people or was it a small group for each school?

There were a couple of fans from UTEP, SMU, Rice, and U of H. The Big 12 schools had more fans then everyone else. They took quite a few of the Longhorn fans out of the pictures because they had so many.

Not to stereotype, but I've yet to speak with a Texas fan that wasn't a complete douche. Props for finding one.

I'm related to several and dating another, all with degrees from UT. Does that make me a douche by association? :blink:

On a serious-er note, wish I'd known about this, as I totally would have shown up; I'm a media whore.

• Upvote 1