Quality Of Players Nt Has Offerred..

I keep a personal listing of players NT has made offers to. If a player has been offered and committed to other schools before we learn about an offer they are not on my personal listing. I know of only 1 that I haven't listed because they had already committed.

As of today 5-16 I show NT has still

made offers to 31 players 4 of which have committed to other schools which leaves 27 offers still open.

S Amoko and his brother CB have both committed to Oregon...Both were rated as 3*,

WDE Devonte Fields committed to TCU rated 4*, .wde CB Terrell Burt to Baylor non rated.

Of the 27 players still open I show 2 are ranked 4* players..OT Goines and WDE McCord.

Of the 27 players still open I show 7 are rated 3*.

To me this shows that NT is making offers to quality players.

So, I have obviously been tracking offers on rivals and scout. Unt is jockeying for some very solid players, the caliber of which WILL take this program where we all feel we should be when combined with the coaching staff most of us think we have.

here is where I start stating more obvious stuff...

So, the fact that we haven't gotten commits yet won't bother me until after a couple of home games this year. If we have a great home atmosphere, the commits from these highly sought after young men should begin. If we don't give these young men a home field advantage to experience when they visit for home games, we may not deserve highly sought after recruits... This is the most important selling point that we NEED to win recruiting battles. Our enthusiasm as a fanbase absolutely will influence the direction of this program over all other factors in my opinion. Please, everyone do your part to fill that new stadium! I think I am personally going to resort to bribing family members and recruiting alum coworkers that are on the fence.... we shall see...

My new slogan is "if we fill it, they will sign"

Gmg

• Upvote 1

So, I have obviously been tracking offers on rivals and scout. Unt is jockeying for some very solid players, the caliber of which WILL take this program where we all feel we should be when combined with the coaching staff most of us think we have.

here is where I start stating more obvious stuff...

So, the fact that we haven't gotten commits yet won't bother me until after a couple of home games this year. If we have a great home atmosphere, the commits from these highly sought after young men should begin. If we don't give these young men a home field advantage to experience when they visit for home games, we may not deserve highly sought after recruits... This is the most important selling point that we NEED to win recruiting battles. Our enthusiasm as a fanbase absolutely will influence the direction of this program over all other factors in my opinion. Please, everyone do your part to fill that new stadium! I think I am personally going to resort to bribing family members and recruiting alum coworkers that are on the fence.... we shall see...

My new slogan is "if we fill it, they will sign"

Gmg

I will add on to this by saying, if when we sell out the first game in the new stadium, I would hope that our top (REALISTIC) targets are sitting in said stadium with family. The atmosphere for that first game will be an incredible recruiting tool for us. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with us allotting 300 seats a game or more for recruiting this entire season. In addition, I would consider inviting high school coaches from the area and their families to come as well. It's all about changing the perception. I would think this is important enough to put a full time person in charge of it and giving them a community development title. A coordinated tour of the University, Athletic complex and face to face meetings with the AD and coaching staff should be included. Heck I would even reserve a section of lockers or do a billboard that says "Welcome to the Smith Family" as they enter the building! GMG!

I will add on to this by saying, if when we sell out the first game in the new stadium

Between bringing in Houston, opening a new stadium, and having a new coach, it will sell out. I'm expecting students, alums, and fans who are used to walking right in as the game starts to be turned away.

Where it will get interesting is the other five games of the year. Akron had a massive sellout for its opening game and then proceeded into a nosedive for attendance. This year they pulled in 10k average.

I will add on to this by saying, if when we sell out the first game in the new stadium, I would hope that our top (REALISTIC) targets are sitting in said stadium with family. The atmosphere for that first game will be an incredible recruiting tool for us. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with us allotting 300 seats a game or more for recruiting this entire season. In addition, I would consider inviting high school coaches from the area and their families to come as well. It's all about changing the perception. I would think this is important enough to put a full time person in charge of it and giving them a community development title. A coordinated tour of the University, Athletic complex and face to face meetings with the AD and coaching staff should be included. Heck I would even reserve a section of lockers or do a billboard that says "Welcome to the Smith Family" as they enter the building! GMG!

I'm certain that we will be after several of the same guys that Houston are after. So there will be several of our key recruits watching which winner they want to join on Sept 11.

If we win, with a packed house, I'll bet we see some commits the following week from some really nice players. If we lose, and the house is packed, we still might see some commits. If for some reason we can't get the new stadium full and we lose bad, we may not get commits from any of them.

I'll be there doing my part!