New Offer Rb Dennis Smith

Did he decommit from A&M?

Rivals

He is still committed to A&M but A&M is recruiting a 5 * RB and if this 5* RB commits to A&M Smith is likely to de-commit.(also another reason but can't comment on it at this time). ...NT, Iowa State and TX are reported to have made offers to Smith. RB Trey Williams a 5 * has committed to a 2012 ship to Texas A&M. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

RB Dennis Smith, Wimberley HS 6-1, 212, one of the top 2012 prospects not only in Texas but US, does not show on profile listing pages, but with offers by NT, Iowa State and TX State.

Do you know if Dick Smith is Dennis'father ? If he is his grandfather R.C. played at UNT.

Thanks for clearing that up: I missed the 2012 part.

We have some incredible backs behind Dunbar, though. I am skeptical about any rumor that says he was promised to be ahead of them.

Who do we have other than Byrd? 2 unproven freshman. While Byrd is a good back I don't think he's going to be a Lance Dunbar. Smith is a damn good back who would most likely start here at NT as a true freshman.

Did I miss a stat somewhere that shows Dennis is proven at the collegiate level?

Did I miss a stat saying that we had incredible backs behind Dunbar?

This kid is a talent as proven by his early offer to A&M. I've seen him play and read alot on him. With what he have at the RB position I stated that "he would most likely start here at NT as a true freshman"

Just stating an opinion. But it's not as though we have stud recruits coming in to play after Lance leaves.

Did I miss a stat saying that we had incredible backs behind Dunbar?

This kid is a talent as proven by his early offer to A&M. I've seen him play and read alot on him. With what he have at the RB position I stated that "he would most likely start here at NT as a true freshman"

Just stating an opinion. But it's not as though we have stud recruits coming in to play after Lance leaves.

Understood but at this point all are unproven...that was my simple point. I personally hope we land him.

Probably an unnecessary post on my part here, but I'm considering this offer number 27... just in case anybody is keeping a list like I am... if I don't assign a number to each of the offers...well, I might self destruct.

GO MEAM GREEN!