News On Seat Selection

I have never been comfortable with the argument that, because one gives more, he or she is "entitled" to (fill in the blank of what a big donor feels entitled to).

Maybe I am naive, but I believe a lot of fans, and especially those on this board, find so much value in pulling for their school that they give what they can afford, or even a little beyond that, or an amount that correlates with the enjoyment garnered....kind of like those who support their local NPR station.

I give a relatively large amount to NT athletics (it would be considered Maduro money if we were talking UT or A$M), but then again, I am 28 years out of school, have been blessed with an annual salary approaching 53% of Obama's definition of wealthy and truly feel joy and satisfaction in supporting a "charity" that clearly needs and appreciates my help.

And when I get something in return, say an occasional win in football, a cool T-shirt or satchel from one of the Olympic sport coaches for supporting that sports fundraiser or an umbrella that I can't take into the stadium, I humbly offer my sincere gratitude for the lagniappe.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 5

I opened a new facility last October that we needed to be able to show prospective clients during the construction process. This was explained to the construction company during the bid process and reiterated during all of the planning stages. We were able to host "Hard Hat" tours every Saturday from mid-July until opening and by appointment two nights a week during the same time frame. We had every person taking a tour sign a liability release provided by the construction company. This allowed us to properly present and sell our facility to the community and meet our opening goals.

This was all done without the C of O. With proper planning this can be done and should be when selling a new product. It allows you to build excitement and allows the customer to see the progress of something they have personally invested in.

• Upvote 3

I opened a new facility last October that we needed to be able to show prospective clients during the construction process. This was explained to the construction company during the bid process and reiterated during all of the planning stages. We were able to host "Hard Hat" tours every Saturday from mid-July until opening and by appointment two nights a week during the same time frame. We had every person taking a tour sign a liability release provided by the construction company. This allowed us to properly present and sell our facility to the community and meet our opening goals.

This was all done without the C of O. With proper planning this can be done and should be when selling a new product. It allows you to build excitement and allows the customer to see the progress of something they have personally invested in.

Excellent! I like this concept. What type of facility were you building?

I give a relatively large amount to NT athletics (it would be considered Maduro money if we were talking UT or A$M), but then again, I am 28 years out of school, have been blessed with an annual salary approaching 53% of Obama's definition of wealthy and truly feel joy and satisfaction in supporting a "charity" that clearly needs and appreciates my help.

Agreed, I will be the one perched in the top left corner of "The Nest" eating from a bag of microwave popcorn tucked in my wife's purse that we snuck into the game.

• Upvote 3

Maduro,

(I wasn't trying to give you crap...just a follow up to your prior post)

Don't sweat it! All sight lines are good in this place, from what I hear. I had the equivalent seat at Fouts not too many years ago, and it sucked!

BTW, the kettle corn is worth the investment.

GMG

Kram, our facility is a Center for Health and Wellness. A little over half of the facility is for medical/rehabilitation services and the other half is a medically integrated fitness center. We worked with the construction company to ensure we didn't interrupt their progress and they worked with us to ensure we could highlight the benefits of the facility that were most important to our business goals. We opened able to meet our expected budget and the construction company delivered the completed project ahead of schedule.

Maduro, my IZOD collar is up and I will be knocking down some pops with Tony Romo after hours tonight. Think I am in his wedding, I said before jumping out the 14th-floor window.

wait a minute... i think i hear someone running up the stairs..... is that??? it couldn't be? not after that fall!

Count me as one who somehow thought the selection process was 'by hand.' Not sure how so many assumed that incorrectly.

What exactly is the purpose of taking a half day off work to do a 'virtual selection?'

I agree with JD, I was super excited not only about the selection but also the belief that this was going to be an experience like nothing I've done before. Instead, it's going to be the same process as my buying Tellatubbies on Ice tickets via Ticketmaster.

eppy4life really needs to travel back in time to a place where he can be happy. So tired of reading complaints about this and that.

:sword::thumbsu:

Note: I actually agree with Eppy4life here, I'm simply shoveling a little bit of his own HS back to his side of the stall for a change.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Kram, our facility is a Center for Health and Wellness. A little over half of the facility is for medical/rehabilitation services and the other half is a medically integrated fitness center. We worked with the construction company to ensure we didn't interrupt their progress and they worked with us to ensure we could highlight the benefits of the facility that were most important to our business goals. We opened able to meet our expected budget and the construction company delivered the completed project ahead of schedule.

Good stuff. Thanks. Great job to open ahead of schedule...private enterprise at its best.

eppy4life really needs to travel back in time to a place where he can be happy. So tired of reading complaints about this and that.

:sword::thumbsu:

Note: I actually agree with Eppy4life here, I'm simply shoveling a little bit of his own HS back to his side of the stall for a change.

Rick

Nicely played, FFR.

• Downvote 4