Mccarney Putting His Own Twist On Unt Spring Game

All About UNT

He should have seen what we were playing on before in 03 and 04. Lol

• Upvote 2

I played HS soccer and football on that field 3-4 times a yr from 94-97. It was brutal, literally chewed your flesh off the bone. I still cringe at the thought of those hard painted endzones that were like conrete.

And what's sad is that the turf that is down there now is so much better. That being said we played a bowl game on the newer turf a few years ago and I got my foot caught two different times and tripped, in regular shoes.

• Upvote 1

I thought we were bringing the turf over to the new stadium. Is that not true?

Heard a rumor that we are following the trend of Boise and Eastern Washington and that our new field will actually be GREEN.

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Let's hope and pray it will be new turf. How many here were wondering if last year's rash of injuries was partly related to worn out turf?

I'm sure part of that was related to the turf but it looks as if the UA shoes may have played a part as well. Not all of the foot/leg injuries occured at Fouts.

Nike has been making shoes for a long time and they likely have the best going. But, if our new uniforms look anything like Oregon's I'll throw up (which I haven't done in more than 50 years).

• Upvote 2