Thompson Starter For Now

I would hope this were the case. Thompson has that head start on knowing the offense, and by all accounts, he has the arm and athleticism for the job. There is plenty of time for osborn to catch up.

I am fine with whomever wins the job. I have a good feeling one of these guys will sieze the opportunity.

Edited by SHOSS

I think it is pretty clear #1 and #2 are either Thompson or Osborn...I think both will play a LOT. I'm interested as to who is #3 and 4?

You and others who have attended practices may have a better idea of where they stand, but I would think #3 would have to be Chase Baine, and #4 John Dodson. But when the two freshman come in, one or both of them could jump ahead of them. I would expect Cooper Jones to be the #3 QB sometime during the season, if not by the end of fall camp.

You and others who have attended practices may have a better idea of where they stand, but I would think #3 would have to be Chase Baine, and #4 John Dodson. But when the two freshman come in, one or both of them could jump ahead of them. I would expect Cooper Jones to be the #3 QB sometime during the season, if not by the end of fall camp.

From the practices I have been to it appears that Baine is #3 and Dodson #4....If indeed Cooper Jones moves up to #3 in the fall, I would like to see Chase Baine get playing time at WR or DB or at least special teams. He is too good of an athlete to not see playing time. If we have the unfortunate situation again of our first two QB's getting injured we can always move Baine back to QB to play instead of an inexperienced true freshman in Cooper Jones. I see incoming freshman Andrew McNulty as more of a Defensive Back.

If we have the unfortunate situation again of our first two QB's getting injured we can always move Baine back to QB to play instead of an inexperienced true freshman in Cooper Jones.

Hard to disagree. For Jones to pass Baine for PT, these three things would have to happen: 1. Jones would have to quickly absorb Coach C's system. 2. He would have to clearly outperform Baine and Dodson in practice. 3. Coach Mac would have to take a "win now" philosophy in 2011, as opposed to exercising patience for the future. We saw what happened with Derek Thompson in the last game of the 2009 season--that was the "win now" philosophy.

I see incoming freshman Andrew McNulty as more of a Defensive Back.

I get that sense too. I guess we'll find out in fall camp.

Hard to disagree. For Jones to pass Baine for PT, these three things would have to happen: 1. Jones would have to quickly absorb Coach C's system. 2. He would have to clearly outperform Baine and Dodson in practice. 3. Coach Mac would have to take a "win now" philosophy in 2011, as opposed to exercising patience for the future. We saw what happened with Derek Thompson in the last game of the 2009 season--that was the "win now" philosophy.

I get that sense too. I guess we'll find out in fall camp.

You mean to say that Coach C shouldn't burn Cooper's redshirt in the last series of the season?

• Upvote 1

There will not be a 2 QB System. 0% Chance of that happening. Thompson is playing well, needs to lose a little weight, and pick up some speed in Summer Workouts. Osburn is about 40% of where he needs to be mentally and knowing the offense, and making the right reads and decisions.

Still need some WR's to step up. Still to many dropped balls, and we need one of them to step up and be a playmaker.

• Downvote 1

There will not be a 2 QB System. 0% Chance of that happening. Thompson is playing well, needs to lose a little weight, and pick up some speed in Summer Workouts. Osburn is about 40% of where he needs to be mentally and knowing the offense, and making the right reads and decisions.

Still need some WR's to step up. Still to many dropped balls, and we need one of them to step up and be a playmaker.

As of today, Darius Carey made a serious move in that direction. There was one catch and run (for a TD) on the sideline today that was unbelievable.