Spring Game

ValleyBoy

In and Out burger is very good for what it is but they should only be compared to fast food chains, they are what the rest should be fresh quality meat, fresh crisp fix'ns, and they make there fries from scratch. I imagine they are more what MikeyDs was in the 50's.

Five guys I have not had but I understand it should be compared to Smash Burger and Mooyah Burger.

The best burger in Dallas is Burger Island either at the SWC Preston and Belt Line or on Arapaho west of 75 there are other locations but not all the same. Then maybe Angry Dog.

That's a bold statement King! Next up in the superlatives category is best BBQ in Dallas and I throw the gauntlet down at anybody who dares to say that Off The Bone in Dallas is not the greatest BBQ in the city.

That's a bold statement King! Next up in the superlatives category is best BBQ in Dallas and I throw the gauntlet down at anybody who dares to say that Off The Bone in Dallas is not the greatest BBQ in the city.

Now ValleyBoy is smart enough not to ask about Texas BBQ since there is only one true type BBQ and it is not Beef. :thumbsu:

Pulled pork, either hole hog or sholder is King, if I want beef it will be Steak not BBQ.

Now ValleyBoy is smart enough not to ask about Texas BBQ since there is only one true type BBQ and it is not Beef. :thumbsu:

Pulled pork, either hole hog or sholder is King, if I want beef it will be Steak not BBQ.

Welcome to the Mean Green family, but you might find yourself pretty hungry on game day and have nothing to eat if you turn away from real BBQ: Brisket!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have not had Off The Bone but I did have Mike Anderson's BBQon Harry Hines across from Parkland and found it to be better then most I have tried in a long time, well excluding my own BBQ.

Calling all Mean Green Fans, ValleyBoy needs your help. Kids are out of school the week of April 10-15th for spring break. 12 hour drive to Denton from ValleyBoy land. Guess where ValleyBoy would like to be on Saturday the 16th. You go it Denton for the spring game. The problem is that the boss (you got it the wife) will not buy a 12 hour one way drive just for a in her words "a dumb old football game". It has got to be something good so that I can sell her on it so that ValleyBoy can make the trip.

I need your help

Any and all sugestions would be appricated. Kids are 16/17 with one being Special needs that loves football as long as there is a band. Wife does not like Fun Parks such as 6 Flags or having to walk long distances.

Tell her there will be hot guys there.

• Upvote 1

Denton = Roosters

there is really no reason to mistake any other places around here for having "good" food. I'm sorry pourhouse... thanks for hosting so many radio shows and having the giant screen but your food and drinks are as mediocre as the movie tavern. However, I am not sorry to el guapo's. the only halfway decent item they can serve is a tortilla as an appetizer. i keep wanting la milpa to impress me since i hate saying that miguelitos is our best mexican restaurant... something else for Sanger to hold over our head's besides Babe's.

Clark's in Tioga is a little bit of a drive away but has a good atmosphere and great portions.

I don't include Hannah's in the above equation due to the total value of their complete menu costing as much as the down payment on my house. (please, no 100% financing comments necessary)

Denton = Roosters

there is really no reason to mistake any other places around here for having "good" food. I'm sorry pourhouse... thanks for hosting so many radio shows and having the giant screen but your food and drinks are as mediocre as the movie tavern. However, I am not sorry to el guapo's. the only halfway decent item they can serve is a tortilla as an appetizer. i keep wanting la milpa to impress me since i hate saying that miguelitos is our best mexican restaurant... something else for Sanger to hold over our head's besides Babe's.

Clark's in Tioga is a little bit of a drive away but has a good atmosphere and great portions.

I don't include Hannah's in the above equation due to the total value of their complete menu costing as much as the down payment on my house. (please, no 100% financing comments necessary)

Can't agree with all of that post but the part about Rooster's having good food. Go eat the Hell Burger. My friend did it and it was hilarious. Painful for him but hilarious for me.

It is greasy as hell, though so don't go looking for healthiness in that place.

Had In and Out burger while visiting family in Phoenix. Was OK. Didn't get what the fuss is about. Husband really likes Five Guys in Southlake. Beth Marie's is a must in Denton. thumbsu.gif Our stop after every football game to either celebrate or drown our sorrows with a butter brickle sundae. Yum!

GMG!

Agree,the In -Out burger not anything special. Have you tried the Five Guys in Denton? Really a good burger.