I Now Understand Why People Love Cali

med_gallery_1_2_584052.jpg

I'm here in Ranchos Palos Verdes, Cali on a business trip. it about 65 degrees, baby blue skies, the air here is like truly breathing as it comes straight off the Pacific. Beautiful scenery, orange sunsets over a blue ocean in the evening. It truly is a beautiful place on this earth. I'm a Texan and will always be but this is a beautiful place regardless of your political persuasion. Sorry just felt the need to share. GMG!

med_gallery_1_2_584052.jpg

I'm here in Ranchos Palos Verdes, Cali on a business trip. it about 65 degrees, baby blue skies, the air here is like truly breathing as it comes straight off the Pacific. Beautiful scenery, orange sunsets over a blue ocean in the evening. It truly is a beautiful place on this earth. I'm a Texan and will always be but this is a beautiful place regardless of your political persuasion. Sorry just felt the need to share. GMG!

I've driven in Ranchos Palos Verdes. I think Trump owns some golf property there. Great photo you posted, isn't that Catalina Island in the background sunset? California has some beautiful coastal places.

• Downvote 1

Technically I'm an employee of our company's home office in San Francisco so I'm out there quite a bit. It is gorgeous. Try getting out to Napa and Sonoma sometime. Absolutely breathtaking and a completely different view that you get at the coast. Gorgeous picture! Will be in San Fran next month.

Been to Cali 4 times in my short life. Never been north of Orange County though. Taking I-8 into San Diego is nuts: you go from below sea level to 4000+ feet in a matter of 5 miles, its definitely the hardest highway driving I've ever had to do. Would live there if wife would allow, and cost of getting a house is nuts although not as bad as it was.

Just FYI I work for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants (shameless plug) and if I can help anyone with reservations anywhere we have hotels just let me know. I've helped quite a few here during the NOLA bowls when I worked for Wyndham and we were the Sponsors. I try to do what I can. Website is KimptonHotels.com...lots of hotels in CA and my work email is Samantha.Barrera@Kimptongroup.com

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Just FYI I work for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants (shameless plug) and if I can help anyone with reservations anywhere we have hotels just let me know. I've helped quite a few here during the NOLA bowls when I worked for Wyndham and we were the Sponsors. I try to do what I can. Website is KimptonHotels.com...lots of hotels in CA and my work email is Samantha.Barrera@Kimptongroup.com

Thanks!

Thanks for posting that MGG! Too funny - I am going back on another trip to San Francisco in early March! My wife's company is headquartered there. We are bringing the kiddos this time because it sort of coincides with their Spring Break. Have not been to San Francisco but hear good things about it and am looking forward to it. If anyone has any suggestions on things to do in SF and any teenager friendly stuff let me know!! GMG!

I've never been but I'm going to Palm Springs in Sept for Golf Channel Amateur Tour National Champioshnips, really looking forward to it. Taking the wife, kids, in-laws, getting a 4BR house in 1 mile from PGA West. Scratch 4-6 courses off my bucket list, cannot wait.

Thanks for posting that MGG! Too funny - I am going back on another trip to San Francisco in early March! My wife's company is headquartered there. We are bringing the kiddos this time because it sort of coincides with their Spring Break. Have not been to San Francisco but hear good things about it and am looking forward to it. If anyone has any suggestions on things to do in SF and any teenager friendly stuff let me know!! GMG!

Alcatraz is probably a must for teenage aged children. They would enjoy it. Directly in downtown S.F. there isn't a whole heck of a lot that would probably speak to teenagers except the shopping. LOL

You definitely need to take a cab down Lombard St. It's pretty crazy. If the weather is nice enough (in March you never know) I've heard Golden Gate Park is lovely as well as the S.F. Zoo. Fisherman's Wharf is something that is a must as well.

Sadly, I have been going to S.F. every other month or two for a week for almost three years and my last visit was the first time that I even got to see the Golden Gate Bridge. I pretty much work the entire time I'm there. :)