Conference Rankings

EagleGreen

For all of the conference reallignment gurus: http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/16069/sec-tops-final-conference-power-rankings

Here's the order:

SEC

Pac-10

Big 12

Big Ten

WAC

MWC

ACC

Big East

C-USA

MAC

Sun Belt

I just don't understand this. When will the national media realize that the Belt is a powerhouse?

Until then I will never, ever, pay attention to these espn "experts".

Long live the Belt!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For all of the conference reallignment gurus: http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/16069/sec-tops-final-conference-power-rankings

Here's the order:

SEC

Pac-10

Big 12

Big Ten

WAC

MWC

ACC

Big East

C-USA

MAC

Sun Belt

Not the order I would have put them in. Personally, I think at worst the Sun Belt and MAC should have tied for the bottom spot.

MAC perception is better because there seems to be more MAC teams on TV yr in/yr out. A lot of that has to do with the success Marshall had and their willingness to play on Tues/Wed/Thurs nights in order to get airtime on ESPN or ESPN2. Seems other MAC schools caught on and got creative with their scheduling to accomodate Disney's schedule.

Lifer is correct, Belt owned the MAC in bowl games this yr. WAC is on a super nova burnout as soon as Boise leaves. Time to get back to the cream of the belt and start changing our conferences perception via our own play and own OOC wins. I'd like to be the reason people take notice of the 'Belt and leave it in better shape than we found it.

Boise St and TCU. next question. Name me one other ACC school that's had close to their records or rankings in the past 3 yrs?

You must not watch college football. Its called strength of schedule. If Boise or TCU played Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech or North Carolina, they wouldn't have the records or rankings that they did. next statement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

You must not watch college football. Its called strength of schedule. If Boise or TCU played Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech or North Carolina, they wouldn't have the records or rankings that they did. next statement.

Nevermind the fact that TCU went 2 - 0 vs the ACC last year (including the atlantic division champ) or that Boise beat the ACC champ this year...

Funny. That's what Ohio State said before TCU beat Wisconsin, the only team to beat OSU this season. What else ya got there, Gordon Gee?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree. As does the author of the article. You posed a question, I replied with an answer. I thought my question was valid, and you provided no answer.

Looking at the final BCS rankings: the MWC and WAC both had teams finish higher in the rankings, both had a top 10 team 2 yrs in a row, and both teams were ranked respectively higher than the ACC's 2 top 25 BCS rated teams. Pretty much sums it up. And if memory serves correct, the BCS does factor in Strength of Schedule, correct? So a 1 loss Boise ST team is still significantly better than an 11-3 Virginia Tech team with an 8-0 conference record. If the ACC's so tough, how'd your conference champ go 8-0 in conference play, the gauntlet, then go 5-3 OOC with losses to James Madison (seriously?), Boise St in Maryland (essentially a home game) and then steam rolled by Stanford in their bowl game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCU and Boise have stood up to the occasion multiple times. PROPS :goodjob: There is no way in hell that if TCU goes into the ACC right now that they dont lose 3 maybe 4 games. They do not have the depth. If they lost one key player its season over. As we watched happen to UofH. Every team in the ACC has the best athletes in the country on the field and the back up players in the ACC are better then most of the starters in the mountain west.

• Downvote 5

TCU and Boise have stood up to the occasion multiple times. PROPS :goodjob: There is no way in hell that if TCU goes into the ACC right now that they dont lose 3 maybe 4 games. They do not have the depth. If they lost one key player its season over. As we watched happen to UofH. Every team in the ACC has the best athletes in the country on the field and the back up players in the ACC are better then most of the starters in the mountain west.

Uof H isn't even on the same planet as TCU.

The ACC champion lost to James Madison , a team that went 3 - 5 in the Colonial conference

If you want to say TCU,Boise would lose 3/4 games in the SEC then I would agree , but the ACC... please

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can't say that with certainty. Both of those schools play those "big schools" in OOC and routinely beat them. Maybe they would go winless in the SEC, maybe they wouldn't. There is NO way to tell for sure.

Uof H isn't even on the same planet as TCU.

The ACC champion lost to James Madison , a team that went 3 - 5 in the Colonial conference

If you want to say TCU,Boise would lose 3/4 games in the SEC then I would agree , but the ACC... please

Yes, the ACC has struggled against the FCS Colonial Conference lately. Still, I think it was probably true last year what people were saying about the Big East being the weakest among the AQ conferences. What the ACC schools need to realize when they schedule against the Colonial Conference is not to be overconfident; as Virginia Tech and Virginia learned the hard way.