Riley Dodge Done At Unt

Brett Vito

Doesn't surprise me... I think it is a combo of daddy gone and him being forced to play wide reciever next year. Something I don't think he wants to do.

I guess I missed something, why do many think that Dodge could not play QB at NT next year? Based on last year I would have thought he would be the best bet for starter.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't surprise me... I think it is a combo of daddy gone and him being forced to play wide reciever next year. Something I don't think he wants to do.

he was told he could compete for the starting job, and im sure Canales would push McCarney to start Riley. He was the leader but he would rather transfer FCS to play immediatley then spend another year in Denton.... sounds pretty weak to me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This one shocked me bc I talked to riley before break and he was all about playing qb next year here. Even his high school gf also goes to Unt, but I guess you never know. U was really turning into a Riley fan but te kid wants to play Qb and if it means that he has to play at the FCS then he's gonna do what he wants to do. Best of luck Riley.

Do you have a source to back that up?

Yes, he played under his dad last year as a wide reciever. you can look at the participation reports to see that. Or watch the Clemson game. FACT!

And now, he has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play QB. A position he knows he will not have unless we have a similar scenario to last season. FACT!

And Daddy was there last year... Daddy is not here this year. FACT!

• Downvote 1

Yes, he played under his dad last year as a wide reciever. you can look at the participation reports to see that. Or watch the Clemson game. FACT!

And now, he has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play QB. A position he knows he will not have unless we have a similar scenario to last season. FACT!

What substantiates your assertion that Dodge would not be the lead QB candidate next year? I highly doubt that McCarney or Canales would discourage Dodge after the year he just had. The "fact" is that NT does not have an abundance of quarterback possibilities and I see no reason, unless its related to injuries, that NT would not want Riley back in the QB mix.

So your answer is no.

Try, fact:

Dodge said that he was told by McCarney and offensive coordinator Mike Canales that he would get a chance to play quarterback next season and that a potential position switch and the dismissal of his father had nothing to do with his decision.

“I was planning on staying,” Dodge said. “I know coach McCarney is going to do well and win a lot of games. There was just something that was telling me that it was time to go.”