It's Freezing Because Of

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/opinion/26cohen.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

The Global Warming crowd never gives up their agenda.

The Global Warming thing is getting so funny.

Why is it freezing? Global Warming. Why is it so hot? Global Warming? Why is there so many blizzards? Global Warming Why is there no snow? Global Warming. Hurricanes? Global Warming. No hurricanes? The same freakin' answer.

It has become an answer for everything and it is getting stupid. Especially when you see that since 1998 there seems to be a drop in tempatures... Something that the prognosticators didn't even consider a chance of happening.

I actually heard from a "scientist" that the consistent drop in tempatures is because of global warming. So... our globe is getting warmer by getting cooler?!

Just ridiculous.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't get it, did like an entire generation of UNT grads not have earth science courses when they attended?

Ya, but when I was going, they were still teaching that an ice age was right around the corner. So I guess they were wrong?

It's kinda like picking an NFL game. No one really knows what is going to happen until the final gun.

Funny story, when I was in Canada for the Olympics, I was waiting for the bus to go to an event when a Canadian woman told me the lack of snow there was a result of global warming. I simply told her "Really? It just snowed 14 inches in Dallas and we are having a very cold winter." She responded that the cold winter we were having was a direct result of global warming. I just snickered silently to myself.

Moral of the story, don't believe what anyone tells you (yes, even a college professor). Research it and make your own decision.

Edit: And who gave me an Avatar???

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Moral of the story, don't believe what anyone tells you (yes, even a college professor). Research it and make your own decision.

So when we're doing our research, should we avoid all studies performed by higher education institutions?

Guess we should just rely on studies performed by non-profits and businesses. They have no agendas, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

So when we're doing our research, should we avoid all studies performed by higher education institutions?

Guess we should just rely on studies performed by non-profits and businesses. They have no agendas, right?

Uh, never said that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth (so scared using that terminology in this thread). Each and everyone should view the research from BOTH SIDES (gee, what a concept) and then make their own decision WHICH OTHERS SHOULD RESPECT.

The point of the story was to illustrate how people focus mainly on what affects them and what they perceive that they affect. Do you think that woman researched world temperatures to come to her global warming conclusion or just decided that since it was a warm winter that particular year (never mind 2 winters earlier there was record snowfall), and that was what she was immediately feeling and experiencing, then it must be because the world is warming, right? Because that is what she hears on the news.

According to that woman's way of thinking, it looks like global warming has come to North Texas, since this winter has been milder than last.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

How's your jump shot?

It was much better (just like 'Murca and Mother Earth) before all the illegal immigrants started flooding the atmosphere with carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

WHO IS WITH ME???!?!?!eleven?

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Uh, never said that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth (so scared using that terminology in this thread). Each and everyone should view the research from BOTH SIDES (gee, what a concept) and then make their own decision WHICH OTHERS SHOULD RESPECT.

Wasn't trying to put anything in your mouth (giggle). Just pointing out the glaring contradiction you made in that statement. What good is doing research if we're not suppose to believe what anyone tells us?

And who gave me an Avatar???

Maybe it was this lady:

avatar_james_cameron_movie_image_sigourney_weaver_empire_magazine_01.jpg

• Downvote 1

What good is doing research if we're not suppose to believe what everything anyone tells us?

People are gonna believe what they wanna believe, on both sides, and no one knows for sure which side is right.

Get back to me in 200 years and we will settle this argument.

Now, shall we tackle evolution v. creation?

People are gonna believe what they wanna believe, on both sides, and no one knows for sure which side is right.

Exactly.

Get back to me in 200 years and we will settle this argument.

My cryogenically frozen body will kick your cryogenically frozen body's ass!

Now, shall we tackle evolution v. creation?

I like pie?

Well, in the context of the entirety of TIME, right around the corner could be the year 2804.

But, the context wasn't the entirety of time, it is much like the alarmist of today with global warming. Some, just like global warming, were predicting the ice age as soon as 20 years from that date. Well, 20 years came and went, and nothing.

That's why so many see these global warming alarmist (the really nutty ones) as nothing more than the little boy that cried wolf.

God, I hate the off-season. Even the political threads are tired retreads.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Global warming like all other studies (eggs, coffee, tea, butter, ice cream, women)depends on what scientific group or non-scientific group recieved sums of cash to come up with the statistical data (you can prove both sides of an argument with the same statistical data...) that the group who gave you the cash wants. Who is not to say that the group that said global cooling is the the cause of global warming was the same group a couple of years ago that said global warming is the cause of global cooling? Goes to show that some of us are just whores for money. Behind all of this is Soros, Bush, Gore and other international bankers who have funded communist revolutions throughout the world since 1900 killing billions of innocent patriots of freedom in Russia (1917-present), Mexico (1920's) Spain (1930's), Germany (1920's), China (1944-present), S.E. Asia (1940's-present), Tabago (1981)and Lau-Ak-Akee in the Marshal Islands (1974).

Ok.....I was just kidding about Sorros, Bush & Gore and the last sentence........too much coffee.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3