Mean Green Report On Our New Qb Commit

I definitely like getting a 3 year guy with a full season starting under his belt. Looks like we're setup for quite a QB battle. Wonder how Thompson is healing up?

Definitely a case of the cart before the horse, but what happens if one of the other guys beats out Riley? Do you move him out to slot receiver? Do you keep him at QB for depth? Do you use him in special game situations, a la Kordell "Slash" Stewart?

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Forgive me for being new to the NTU family. I have never gotten a chance to see Riley play. He appears to have put up good numbers in a tough situation. Seems like it is going to be interesting for sure. It may come down to how good he is at WR. Would seem that if Dodge is one of the 3 best WRs...and if he and the other 2 QBs have a close race...I would think WR would be the move (to increase overall field talent). But if Dodge is far and away the better QB, he stays at QB.

Forgive me for being new to the NTU family. I have never gotten a chance to see Riley play. He appears to have put up good numbers in a tough situation. Seems like it is going to be interesting for sure. It may come down to how good he is at WR. Would seem that if Dodge is one of the 3 best WRs...and if he and the other 2 QBs have a close race...I would think WR would be the move (to increase overall field talent). But if Dodge is far and away the better QB, he stays at QB.

Dodge is a fierce competitor and is mobile. I think he got better and better as the season went a long. The big negatives I see is he gets banged up a lot and he doesn't have the greatest arm strength. I think Osborn definately has a chance to earn the starting spot but Dodge won't back down.

A very talented warrior-athlete. Will not roll over because they recruited at his position. Will make for a nice spring position battle (with Thompson as well).

Dodge is a fierce competitor and is mobile. I think he got better and better as the season went a long. The big negatives I see is he gets banged up a lot and he doesn't have the greatest arm strength. I think Osborn definately has a chance to earn the starting spot but Dodge won't back down.

I still think Thompson will have a say in this and Tune has applied for his medical redshirt. Does anyone have an update on Nathan's status, or is it still being processed?

Because of the age distribution of the quarterbacks, don't we still need to take a high school quarterback as well (to redshirt and develop)?

Absolutely. I assume our offer to Cooper Jones still stands. And if he doesn't indicate something soon, I'm sure the staff will sign another HS QB.

Welcome. Oh, and it is officially UNT, but most of us just refer to it as North Texas or NT. Glad to have you join us.