Whew

Eagle-96

This is SUPER NEWS! The first decision Coach McCarney makes after being named HC and it's a FANTASTIC ONE! I'll bet the players and plenty of fans and alumni will like this news...I hear the players will meet Coach McCarney at 3:00PM...is that correct?

WOW...the best news possible for the Mean Green nation. You just have to be smiling BIG right now! I am!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Why does Lance Dunbar have such a sour expression on his face in that picture...??

He might have just said "I helped keep your job and got you a promotion. Now make sure I get the rock 30+ times a game or else!"

WOW...the best news possible for the Mean Green nation. You just have to be smiling BIG right now! I am!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I usually try to reserve a certain rationality at this time of the year and try not to get all caught up in "potential," i.e., it aint happened yet, things. However, count me in the wood category over this news, and I expect an onslaught of motivational catch phrases next year. Lock the Gate. Release the Hounds. I Drink Your Milkshake.

• Upvote 1

I had the good fortune to meet both coaches McCarney and Canales and I was impressed by both and enthused about where this program can will go.

I told Dan McCarney that I wasn't totally convinced that he was the best choice until I saw his interview but he allayed any fear or question that I had about the direction of the program. He said the right things sincerely...not coachspeak.

If you can't get excited about this program with these two (and probably another half-dozen enthusiastic coaches to come) then you need them to throw some dirt over you because you're dead anyway.

• Upvote 3