Rangers Game 3 Pregame Game Thread

Hillarious. Anyone game for Zen bar at Austin Ranch? $2 beers. 50 cent wings. Another idea is austin avenue.

I'm beginning to think that anyone who drives out to meet MJG anywhere won't ever be heard from again.

[

search zen bar austin ranch. believe me its there. i was there last week.

quote name='UNTFan23' date='18 October 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1287430418' post='517968']

Only Zen Bar I can find is on Addison Circle. Is that the place you are talking about?

I would give Cliff Lee a blank a check at the end of the season and let him put whatever number he wants. He is absolutely brilliant.

And I would tell him, "Go the the Yankees, and you are one of many, stay here for the same money, and you are a legend comparable with Nolan Ryan for this franchise. Sign here, please. Just fill in the dollar amount you want"

How hard do you think the Yankees are kicking themselves in the ass for not giving up the MINOR LEAGUER that Seattle wanted to get Lee. Unbelievable when you look at it in hindsight.

Edited by UNT90

How hard do you think the Yankees are kicking themselves in the ass for not giving up the MINOR LEAGUER that Seattle wanted to get Lee. Unbelievable when you look at it in hindsight.

Actually Seattle was getting the minor leaguer they wanted. Jesus Montero was pretty equivalent to Smoak. The reason why Rangers were able to beat that offer is because the extra guys they put in the package were a lot better and highly acclaimed than what the Yankees were giving.

Actually Seattle was getting the minor leaguer they wanted. Jesus Montero was pretty equivalent to Smoak. The reason why Rangers were able to beat that offer is because the extra guys they put in the package were a lot better and highly acclaimed than what the Yankees were giving.

Seattle and the Yankees had a done deal until Seattle found out one of the prospects had some medical issues. That opened the door for the Rangers to come up with the deal they did.

Seattle and the Yankees had a done deal until Seattle found out one of the prospects had some medical issues. That opened the door for the Rangers to come up with the deal they did.

Plus, it just turned out we had one more rapist to throw in our package than the Yankees did. So glad Lueke is out of our organization.

• Upvote 1

Yes you're right. The medical issue stopped the deal but the cornerstone players of both deals were on equal level. I imagine Montero will be the one to take over once Posada decides to give it or willing to become a part time catcher. All indications were that after the trade was momentarily stopped, the Rangers jumped in with Smoak and was able to offer better players after Smoak versus what the Yankees had on the table.