Mini Plans

jdennis82

i've recently noticed that they'll be offering some sort of mini plan package for the basketball season. does anyone have any early insight about these? i know that i have a hard time buying season tickets when i'll never be able to make it to denton for a weekday game (outside of tech) but this may be something that really interests me.

i'm guessing they'll throw in games that i wouldn't be able to attend, but i'm excited that they're offering a little more flexibility.

i've recently noticed that they'll be offering some sort of mini plan package for the basketball season. does anyone have any early insight about these? i know that i have a hard time buying season tickets when i'll never be able to make it to denton for a weekday game (outside of tech) but this may be something that really interests me.

i'm guessing they'll throw in games that i wouldn't be able to attend, but i'm excited that they're offering a little more flexibility.

Just wondering...you can make it to Denton for a weekday game with Tech, but not for other weekday games. What? Why, do they close I-35 where you are for games other than Tech? What makes it that you can make a Tech game, but not others on a week night? Is what you are really saying is that you are not willing to come for a weeknight game UNLESS UNT is playing a "name"? I can understand that, but not that you can't make it Denton for weekday games, when you clearly indicate that you can.

Not banging on you at all, just pointing out a bit of irony in your statement. I have no idea what it takes for you to make it to Denton during the week, I just know lots of folks who do live out of town who make it to most if not all home games. I'll also agree that fan attendance and effort to make weekday games would definitely improve if UNT played more "name" schools.

But, to answer your question, I have no info on the mini-packages. But, I do tend to think it is a good idea as long as it doesn't detract from UNT's other season ticket sales. It is a shame that JJ has built such a quality program and even the students don't seem to have noticed. I read on this board's football thread about how winning will bring both the students and alums to the games...well, basketball is winning and still the students and alums do not come. UNT should be averaging 7500 or more per game with the way this team is playing. To average 2700-300 is insanely low for such a quality product.

Sort of shoots a hole right in the middle of that tired old line regarding winning games, doesn't it? I hope the fans turn out this season because JJ and team have done about all they can to provide a quality product. Ticket prices are a bargain for the paying customer and free for students. So, "if you build it they will come"? Well, it's built for this season...hope lots of people come.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I'm making it for a weekday game against UTA but no other weekday game. What of it?

Nothing of it...who cares? You, however, did not say you could not make weekday games and then go on to say you are attending a weekday game. Just curious as to the difference...and felt it might have more to do with who UNT was playing than the fact it was a weekday game. I understand weekday games are tough for some folks to make and said so in my post...what of it? :P

Nothing of it...who cares? You, however, did not say you could not make weekday games and then go on to say you are attending a weekday game. Just curious as to the difference...and felt it might have more to do with who UNT was playing than the fact it was a weekday game. I understand weekday games are tough for some folks to make and said so in my post...what of it? :P

Don't most people pick games to attend based on the team they are playing? I love Maverick games, but for my money, I would rather watch them play the Lakers rather than the Kings or Nets. At the football games, the stands were packed versus Rice, but virtually empty the next home game. The Ok St basketball game was packed, but how many others had the same crowd.

What? Do they close I-95, I-78, I-81, I-40, and I-30, where you are for games other than UTA? You're NOT excused.

just having some fun with you KRAM1

That stretch of 40 and 81 through Tennessee is such a drag...10 hours in one state can really become discouraging when you're trying to make a 7Pm tip.

Just wondering...you can make it to Denton for a weekday game with Tech, but not for other weekday games. What? Why, do they close I-35 where you are for games other than Tech? What makes it that you can make a Tech game, but not others on a week night? Is what you are really saying is that you are not willing to come for a weeknight game UNLESS UNT is playing a "name"? I can understand that, but not that you can't make it Denton for weekday games, when you clearly indicate that you can.

Not banging on you at all, just pointing out a bit of irony in your statement. I have no idea what it takes for you to make it to Denton during the week, I just know lots of folks who do live out of town who make it to most if not all home games. I'll also agree that fan attendance and effort to make weekday games would definitely improve if UNT played more "name" schools.

It's a lot easier getting revved up for a game against Texas Tech than it is for say ULM. As for making the trek up to Denton....the drive is a beat down for many and it is not always feasible to go to every game or even most games when you factor in work, family, traffic etc. But yes if I had to choose what game to go to, then a game against Texas Tech would be highest on the list because well...they're Texas Tech.

It's a lot easier getting revved up for a game against Texas Tech than it is for say ULM. As for making the trek up to Denton....the drive is a beat down for many and it is not always feasible to go to every game or even most games when you factor in work, family, traffic etc. But yes if I had to choose what game to go to, then a game against Texas Tech would be highest on the list because well...they're Texas Tech.

Agree 100%. However, the point was how can you make it for a Tech game on a weekday when you state you can't make games on weekdays? The logic escapes me there somehow. I think the point was not the weekday game but the fact that a "bigger name" was playing on a weekday. Seems the point was not the weekday, but the opponent as he clearly sates that he CAN make weekday games should he really want to do so...that's all. Nothing special. Just found the post a bit at "cross-purposes" with itself. I really didn't think my point was that difficult to comprehend. I certainly "get it" that bigger name teams bring more fans...gee we have been saying that about football for years now! Same goes for basketball...when you change a game to a noon start on a weekday due to the opposition being Henderson State...well, what does that tell you about expected attendance? Don't think I'd make that much effort to see that game if I were only driving from Dallas...I get it. Now, about the actual point of my post......

I may attempt the trip for Tech but I normally don't put up with the agony during the week. For me to arrive in a timely manner during the week I have to take off from work two or three hours earlier than my normal workaholic departure. This is not for trip time as much as it is getting to a point near Carrollton by 5:00 p.m. to be in the front wave of the tsunami.

I don't mind doing that once in awhile but I could not do it for a full season.

Agree 100%. However, the point was how can you make it for a Tech game on a weekday when you state you can't make games on weekdays? The logic escapes me there somehow. I think the point was not the weekday game but the fact that a "bigger name" was playing on a weekday. Seems the point was not the weekday, but the opponent as he clearly sates that he CAN make weekday games should he really want to do so...that's all. Nothing special. Just found the post a bit at "cross-purposes" with itself. I really didn't think my point was that difficult to comprehend. I certainly "get it" that bigger name teams bring more fans...gee we have been saying that about football for years now! Same goes for basketball...when you change a game to a noon start on a weekday due to the opposition being Henderson State...well, what does that tell you about expected attendance? Don't think I'd make that much effort to see that game if I were only driving from Dallas...I get it. Now, about the actual point of my post......

Maybe he has to make arrangements to get to Denton from the far side of the metroplex. Maybe he has to trade shifts with someone. Maybe he is not a wealthy Dentonite that has to drive 8 minutes to get to the Pit. Maybe this is the one game he can make and he would rather see Tech than ULM. I did not see his point that he can make weekday games, but he can make a weekday game and this is the one he wants to see. Also, I can't believe I just wasted these moments in my life that I will never get back.

Leave the guy alone and harass the people who don't ever show.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Maybe he has to make arrangements to get to Denton from the far side of the metroplex. Maybe he has to trade shifts with someone. Maybe he is not a wealthy Dentonite that has to drive 8 minutes to get to the Pit. Maybe this is the one game he can make and he would rather see Tech than ULM. I did not see his point that he can make weekday games, but he can make a weekday game and this is the one he wants to see. Also, I can't believe I just wasted these moments in my life that I will never get back.

And this is why your tops on the GMG Top 10 Prospect list.

And while you are busting chops, consider me a horrible volleyball fan for only making one match this year since I only took the opportunity this last weekend to drive up early from Houston so I could see both the v-ball team and a football game.

Could I drive up there from Houston for every v-ball match? Yes.

If there were a weekend game season ticket package, that would be just fine with me.

When people get in the routine of going to all the weekend games, it's very likely they'll start dragging themselves up on weeknights, too. Our team is it's own best advertising, and I think anyone who goes to 7 or 8 games is significantly more likely to sign on for a full year somewhere down the line.

And, even if they don't, a few hundred more regular attendees (and a guaranteed revenue stream) on weekends is a win in and of itself.

• Upvote 3

i guess i'll come clean and admit that i'm taking a half day off work for the tech game but don't feel i can justify doing so for the other weekday games.

And, there you have it. The answer to my original post. I understand and agree. If it's a team one really wants to see UNT play, they will make special arrangements...a regular SBC team, well...not so much.

Really has noting to do with being a weekday game in this case. Thanks for the reply. See you at the game. I am expecting it to be the largest crowd for the season. Should be great fun.

GO MEAN GREEN...you will be cheering for the Mean green, right?

• Downvote 2

Maybe you should now read his response as to why he can make the Tech game and not other weeknight games. And, while I am at it...why can only wealthy Dentonites who live 8 min. from the Super Pit make weekday games? Are all UNT students wealthy Dentonites? And, if that were the case...how is it I make it when I work out of Denton and am certainly not wealthy? You gross rationalizations and characterizations lead me to believe you have some sort of challenge.

• Downvote 2

Maybe you should now read his response as to why he can make the Tech game and not other weeknight games. And, while I am at it...why can only wealthy Dentonites who live 8 min. from the Super Pit make weekday games? Are all UNT students wealthy Dentonites? And, if that were the case...how is it I make it when I work out of Denton and am certainly not wealthy? You gross rationalizations and characterizations lead me to believe you have some sort of challenge.

If YOU would read his response, he falls exactly into the category I was referring to. YOU were the one questioning his loyalty because he will not attend other weekday games. He has to take time off to do so. Once again, it is my own fault for wasting more of my time.

And, I have many challenges.

• Upvote 1

If YOU would read his response, he falls exactly into the category I was referring to. YOU were the one questioning his loyalty because he will not attend other weekday games. He has to take time off to do so. Once again, it is my own fault for wasting more of my time.

And, I have many challenges.

Never ever questioned his loyalty. Wouldn't do that. Sorry you cannot seem to get the point of the post. I am guessing you don't even try. So be it...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Downvote 1