Conference Call Notes

Brett Vito

This says Teegarden will be the backup this coming week against FIU - isn't he redshirting this year? And if so, what happened to Dodson as the backup?

Nope, we played Teegarden in either the first or second game as a special teamer.

I'm sure there was a really good reason for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nope, we played Teegarden in either the first or second game as a special teamer.

I'm sure there was a really good reason for it.

Oh I am sure if he played a down or two on special teams then you are right, there HAD to be a good reason for it....but if he is the backup this week, why list Dodson as the backup last week?

Well...you guys who praise Dodge for being more of a discipinarian than Dickey shouldn't complain about McCoy not playing then. ;)

Also, let's be realistic about the quarterback position in the future - Teegarden was working at WR, same as Baine when Baine arrived. Dotson didn't have prayer of seeing playing time.

The new coach will use Thompson and bring in two or more legitimate quarterbacks for the future.

• Downvote 2

There are two #16's on the roster. There might be an error in the participation report.

I saw the name Teegarden on the back of a jersey @ the Clemson game. I didn't pay attention to what color skin the kid had , but I remember saying " Why is he out there ? "

Edited by NT03

Looking back thru Vito's blog , he says Teegarden did NOT travel to Clemson. Maybe the names got switched and Phillip Roberts did in fact wear Teegarden's jersey , thus creating the confusion on the participation report. Im 100% positive I saw that name out there vs Clemson as we sat very close to the field. Now if this is this case it will be interesting to see if we have to convince the NCAA that Teegarden did not in fact play a down

Looking back thru Vito's blog , he says Teegarden did NOT travel to Clemson. Maybe the names got switched and Phillip Roberts did in fact wear Teegarden's jersey , thus creating the confusion on the participation report. Im 100% positive I saw that name out there vs Clemson as we sat very close to the field. Now if this is this case it will be interesting to see if we have to convince the NCAA that Teegarden did not in fact play a down

I remember we must have seen the jersey and the name on TV because it was a topic of conversation at our table during the Clemson game. Like 03 said, if he didn't travel, then someone else was wearing his name and number on the field.

I remember we must have seen the jersey and the name on TV because it was a topic of conversation at our table during the Clemson game. Like 03 said, if he didn't travel, then someone else was wearing his name and number on the field.

Call me nuts, but I would think someone would notice if this guy

XSFMMLTQSMGRNZE.20100812204316.jpg

were wearing this guy's jersey.

WBANIIAXEPSTQDS.20100812204422.jpg

• Upvote 2

Well...you guys who praise Dodge for being more of a discipinarian than Dickey shouldn't complain about McCoy not playing then. ;)

Does anyone recall if he pulled Atkinson after his personal foul? That's the kind of disciplinarian we need. These personal foul calls are way out of hand.

Asu 2-7 at Nt25 PENALTY NT personal foul (Atkinson, S.) 13 yards to the NT12, 1ST DOWN ASU.

I was flipping through the channels earlier in the day and saw Clemson's head coach Dabo Swinney go nuts. He immediately pulled a 3 year starter off the field and sat him on the bench after a stupid personal foul penalty.

Keith

Does anyone recall if he pulled Atkinson after his personal foul? That's the kind of disciplinarian we need. These personal foul calls are way out of hand.

Asu 2-7 at Nt25 PENALTY NT personal foul (Atkinson, S.) 13 yards to the NT12, 1ST DOWN ASU.

I was flipping through the channels earlier in the day and saw Clemson's head coach Dabo Swinney go nuts. He immediately pulled a 3 year starter off the field and sat him on the bench after a stupid personal foul penalty.

Keith

I'm cynical enought to think those playing positions for which we're short handed (DT, CB) are more likely to be kept on the field.