Brandon Mccoy

NT03

Have you seen him ? Or do we have another Ray situation on our hands ?

DEF played great , but there were times I'm pretty sure he would have gotten a sack or forced a throw away pass whereas we play a kid who couldnt even crack the lineup at a SWAC school who could get a little pressure , but not much else

But what do I know about player evalution ? I mean we had a stud PK who has just been sitting on the sidelines all year

Edited by NT03

Brandon was suited up....looked to me like he could have played. I didn't notice him limping around....or showing any other signs of injury.

Mike Nelson as DL coach.....really hasn't been much, if any of an upgrade over Robert Drake.

Brandon was suited up....looked to me like he could have played. I didn't notice him limping around....or showing any other signs of injury.

Mike Nelson as DL coach.....really hasn't been much, if any of an upgrade over Robert Drake.

I saw him grab his helmet and tried to get in a few times , so I don't think he was injured at all

But what do I know about player evalution ? I mean we had a stud PK who has just been sitting on the sidelines all year

From what I understand, TD had every intention of starting Olen from the get-go, but he was worse than terrible in fall camp. But it certainly looks like he's gotten it together.

From what I understand, TD had every intention of starting Olen from the get-go, but he was worse than terrible in fall camp. But it certainly looks like he's gotten it together.

So, how does that explain not playing McCoy? I was telling people about how excited I was to see Dodge quoted as basically saying McCoy was as good as starting. Oh well, it's an interesting concept we have of letting opposing quarterbacks and receivers play pitch and catch like the young folks do for fun in local parks.

Brandon McCoy didn't even put his helmet on until about the 6 minute mark left in the 4th quarter. What did he do, let a cuss word slip or something so he had to sit this one out?

Unbelievable this group. Just unbelievable.

Rick

I'd be ok with him using George Carlin's 7 unmentionable words over the PA system at this point.

Brandon McCoy didn't even put his helmet on until about the 6 minute mark left in the 4th quarter. What did he do, let a cuss word slip or something so he had to sit this one out?

Unbelievable this group. Just unbelievable.

Rick

His hat was on backwards last Tuesday.

I just cant relate to kids today!

• Upvote 1

Have you seen him ? Or do we have another Ray situation on our hands ?

DEF played great , but there were times I'm pretty sure he would have gotten a sack or forced a throw away pass whereas we play a kid who couldnt even crack the lineup at a SWAC school who could get a little pressure , but not much else

"but there were times I'm pretty sure he would have gotten a sack or forced a throw away pass"......REALLY COACH?

I guess he was all over the stat board in his previous start. Look, I am not impugning the kid's abilities...I think he has stuff. But I will let the coach, who in my humble opinion has done good work, use his men’s talents to fit the scheme he runs. Along with Mccoy, there are other kids with different strengths that can play.

• Downvote 2

"but there were times I'm pretty sure he would have gotten a sack or forced a throw away pass"......REALLY COACH?

I guess he was all over the stat board in his previous start. Look, I am not impugning the kid's abilities...I think he has stuff. But I will let the coach, who in my humble opinion has done good work, use his men’s talents to fit the scheme he runs. Along with Mccoy, there are other kids with different strengths that can play.

Is there evidence of this that I am not aware of?

• Upvote 1

I guess he was all over the stat board in his previous start. Look, I am not impugning the kid's abilities...I think he has stuff. But I will let the coach, who in my humble opinion has done good work, use his men's talents to fit the scheme he runs. Along with Mccoy, there are other kids with different strengths that can play.

Yeah your right , our coaches have done a great job... what was I thinking ...

I guess you haven't watched much. Dixon who couldn't even crack the lineup at Grambling was getting the PT , not McCoy. He put on a good full court press on their QB when he went unblocked that lead to a lot of nothing. Have you even seen McCoy play this year ??

Edited by NT03
  • Downvote 2

Yeah your right , our coaches have done a great job... what was I thinking ...

I guess you haven't watched much. Dixon who couldn't even crack the lineup at Grambling was getting the PT , not McCoy. He put on a good full court press on their QB when he went unblocked that lead to a lot of nothing. Have you even seen McCoy play this year ??

NO not at all...Just you have, and I guess thru your prism

Please see bolded and underlined text. That said, the coaches. We have won 6 games in 3 and some change seasons. There is little evidence to support the idea that the coaches have been doing a great job.

"But I will let the coach, who in my humble opinion has done good work", Not coaches but coach. I still believe the defense has played well enough to win in some of our losses, Sir.

"But I will let the coach, who in my humble opinion has done good work", Not coaches but coach. I still believe the defense has played well enough to win in some of our losses, Sir.

We have been close, and the defense is better, but I don't know that the coaching has been so fantastic that I would call it good work. Here are some stats to consider (from ESPN).

Sacks: 8 - tied for 84th in NCAA, 6th in SBC

Pass defended: 11 - tied for 101st in NCAA, 7th in SBC

Passes intercepted: 3 - tied for 92nd in NCAA, 7th in SBC

These are statistics relevant to the player in question. If we have a player that has proven that he can get to the QB and force bad throws and make plays behind the line of scrimmage, then we should be using him.

We have been close, and the defense is better, but I don't know that the coaching has been so fantastic that I would call it good work. Here are some stats to consider (from ESPN).

Sacks: 8 - tied for 84th in NCAA, 6th in SBC

Pass defended: 11 - tied for 101st in NCAA, 7th in SBC

Passes intercepted: 3 - tied for 92nd in NCAA, 7th in SBC

These are statistics relevant to the player in question. If we have a player that has proven that he can get to the QB and force bad throws and make plays behind the line of scrimmage, then we should be using him.

Please note that I think the Mccoy has stuff....But

If stats are everything as you have posted above and your quote is ...."If we have a player that has proven that he can get to the QB and force bad throws and make plays behind the line of scrimmage, then we should be using him".

Please supply relevant stats for the named player to buttress your word "PROVEN".

Please note that I think the Mccoy has stuff....But

If stats are everything as you have posted above and your quote is ...."If we have a player that has proven that he can get to the QB and force bad throws and make plays behind the line of scrimmage, then we should be using him".

Please supply relevant stats for the named player to buttress your word "PROVEN".

Well... He played one down at DE and got an immediate sack.

You do realize that demanding someone "prove" what a player can do when the entire argument you're fighting is based on the lack of utilization of said player is ridiculous... Right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eddie Gilmore says that anyone who accuses this D-line coach of misallocating his resources is a fool and a scoundrel.

Eddie is a good guy and thats his opinion...it also may be relevant to ask among others Reggie Hayward (Jacksonville) and James Reed (Kansas City).