How Many Times Did The Tv Announcer Ask?

FirefightnRick

Why isn't North Texas putting the ball into the hands of their play maker, Lance Dunbar?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rick

Why isn't North Texas putting the ball into the hands of their play maker, Lance Dunbar?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rick

Riley Dodge should not be playing QB for this team, not even in emergency situations.

Nepotism. He will ride his son right to his pink slip.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How does Dodge or Canales justify only giving Dunbar 12 touches at running and 5 catching. Just pathetic, 17 touches for someone that could win the game for the team.

While Riley passes 17 times and runs 8 times. Who is truly calling the plays? Canales or Dodge?

Why are we not using blocking Backs and the TE's? Are they only for show at practice?

Edited by untbowler

How does Dodge or Canales justify only giving Dunbar 12 touches at running and 5 catching. Just pathetic, 17 touches for someone that could win the game for the team.

While Riley passes 17 times and runs 8 times. Who is truly calling the plays? Canales or Dodge?

Why are we not using blocking Backs and the TE's? Are they only for show at practice?

To me it looked like we back to TD's playc alling because Riley was in the game. Since he started out at WR he probably doesn't know the whole Chico offense as a QB. Just my thought

Canales may be calling some plays, but Dodge is still very much in charge of this offense - it is pretty obvious by the fact that his son ran in the second half as much if not more than Dunbar.

I want to make sure I understand this thread. Dodge really does not want to win. He really does not care if his son receives another injury after permanently damaging his arm and watching his first and second team QB's go down with season ending injuries. It is his fault or the S & C coach's fault for all of the injuries.

Canales may be calling some plays, but Dodge is still very much in charge of this offense - it is pretty obvious by the fact that his son ran in the second half as much if not more than Dunbar.

This offense has looked shockingly similar to Dodge's... if I didn't know better, I'd assume nothing has changed. Shotgun draws in short yardage? A continual ignoring of Dunbar? Same stuff, different year. The worst run in the modern era of NT football continues.

• Upvote 1

I want to make sure I understand this thread. Dodge really does not want to win. He really does not care if his son receives another injury after permanently damaging his arm and watching his first and second team QB's go down with season ending injuries. It is his fault or the S & C coach's fault for all of the injuries.

So he wasn't involved in the hiring of the S & C coach or practice patterns...

Edited by C&S

Coach Canales calls the plays folks.

Dunbar was not being ignored, Riley was running the zone ready (pretty much all he can do with his arm) and he kept reading that he should run instead of handing off to Dunbar. Maybe he is reading incorrectly, but again I ask, why on earth would Chico stick around if Dodge is sabotaging his playcalling?

Dunbar was not being ignored, Riley was running the zone ready (pretty much all he can do with his arm) and he kept reading that he should run instead of handing off to Dunbar. Maybe he is reading incorrectly, but again I ask, why on earth would Chico stick around if Dodge is sabotaging his playcalling?

Needs the work?

Maybe ignored isn't the right use of wording, I don't know. What I do know is the preseason Doak Walker lister is not getting the ball. Everyone wants to know then, why is it that we have a system in which if you go by a certain read then it leads to the stud of the offense only carrying the ball 12 times? Seems if I'm a D coordinator I would simply give that read to you all day? Maybe with our second string QB coming in that is exactly what Army did. Make the backup whose starting his first game beat you? If so, we played right into their hands.

Rick

Is he going to leave in the middle of the season?

Maybe ignored isn't the right use of wording, I don't know. What I do know is the preseason Doak Walker lister is not getting the ball. Everyone wants to know then, why is it that we have a system in which if you go by a certain read then it leads to the stud of the offense only carrying the ball 12 times? Seems if I'm a D coordinator I would simply give that read to you all day? Maybe with our second string QB coming in that is exactly what Army did. Make the backup whose starting his first game beat you? If so, we played right into their hands.

Rick

I'll bet you're right.

If that's the case, then the heat really needs to be turned up on Riley himself. He's supposed to be a playmaking difference-maker...a guy you want with the ball. He definitely was not that guy yesterday.