This Will Get You Going !

saysojoe

Got to see them on the Get Lonely tour in a tiny room. I play guitar solo (and with a band) and "No Children" off Tallahassee is a fan favorite even though not many people know them here. I've offered John my lake house for a week and he says at some point he'll take me up on it. He lives up the road in Durham, NC (suck it Blue Devils - http://www.theonion.com/articles/duke-university-equestrian-team-hoping-to-avoid-in,1934/). And The Sunset Tree remains one of my all-time favorites by any band. But we digress. Boo Mean Green.

Dilaudid FTW.

Don't forget about the great Thomas Haden Church. He's greatness.

And don't forget these North Texas Exes: Pat Boone, James Hampton (whose light bulb blew up in his cell in the first "The Longest Yard", Norah Jones, Bill Moyers, Michael Martin Murphy, NFL female broadcast pioneer, former Miss America and Dentonite--Phyliss George, Shirley Cothran Barrett (our 2'nd Miss Amercia & from Denton) etc, etc, etc,

Footnote: Rock & Roll pioneer Pat Boone & his actor buddy James Hampton were on campus a few years ago listening to our UNT Symphony Orchestra rehearse at the Murchison Performing Arts Center. When they walked in on the rehearsal, the orchestra gave them a very nice ovation as I recall the story.

Footnote 2: I believe all of Pat & Shirley Boone's daughters were born at Denton's Flow Memorial Hospital, too.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not to digress too much, but here's some love for Up the Wolves, Your Belgian Things, and Thank You Mario but Our Princess Is In Another Castle.

Man, it's Mountain Goat mania over here. I dig See America Right, Letter from Belgium, Cubs in Five, Palmcorded Yajna ("If anybody comes to see me / Tell 'em they just missed me by a minute / If anybody comes in to our room while we're asleep / I hope they incinerate everybody in it"). Good stuff. We really can all get along. Thank you, PCP man.