This Will Get You Going !

saysojoe

Wait a second.... you're talking crap about a LEGIT Football Program and you're from a school that is predominately known for their Jazz Program? I didn't know you even had a football team until a few months ago.

I think it's predominantly (didn't graduate from that fabulous College of Music, but know that they're hell on spelling). And hey, I didn't know that Presbyterian had a football team until a couple of weeks ago, or that there was a Presbyterian College. So, since you correctly identified our chief claim to fame, which has played for Presidents, Kings, Queens, and Ella Fitzgerald (at the Spoleto Festival in South Carolina, by the way), what is Clemson's, other than a football program that schedules those unknowns UNT and Presbyterian back to back?

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait a second.... you're talking crap about a LEGIT Football Program and you're from a school that is predominately known for their Jazz Program? I didn't know you even had a football team until a few months ago.

Is Clemson known predominately for their football rather than academics? You see, I think something is wrong at your university. ;)

Edited by DeepGreen

Wow, never hear of Joe Greene? Didn't ever drink a Coke? Here, have mine.

Any school that's cranked out Roy Orbison, Meat Loaf, Bones Malone, Blue Lou Marini, Don Henley, and Larry McMurtry (if for no other reason than that he sired James McMurtry) is ok with me. Point deduction for Dr. Phil though. He's a twat.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Is Clemson known predominately for their football rather than academics? You see, I think something is wrong at your university. ;)

Nope. US News & World has us as the 23rd best public university in the country. http://www.clemson.edu/media-relations/article.php?article_id=3019 Football and basketball made the post-season and baseball went to Omaha. Not too shabby.

• Upvote 1

I think it's predominantly (didn't graduate from that fabulous College of Music, but know that they're hell on spelling). And hey, I didn't know that Presbyterian had a football team until a couple of weeks ago, or that there was a Presbyterian College. So, since you correctly identified our chief claim to fame, which has played for Presidents, Kings, Queens, and Ella Fitzgerald (at the Spoleto Festival in South Carolina, by the way), what is Clemson's, other than a football program that schedules those unknowns UNT and Presbyterian back to back?

23rd best public university in the country? How's that? http://www.clemson.e...article_id=3019

Any school that's cranked out Roy Orbison, Meat Loaf, Bones Malone, Blue Lou Marini, Don Henley, and Larry McMurtry (if for no other reason than that he sired James McMurtry) is ok with me. Point deduction for Dr. Phil though. He's a twat.

+1 to you for a mention of Bones Malone, because I (big fan of the Jazz Studies Program) did not realize he was one of our alumni. Music Scool alums would be glad to visit with you, and few in Denton seem to care all that much about Dr. Phil. Blue Lou helped recruit the pianist at my church to North Texas.

+1 to you for a mention of Bones Malone, because I (big fan of the Jazz Studies Program) did not realize he was one of our alumni. Music Scool alums would be glad to visit with you, and few in Denton seem to care all that much about Dr. Phil. Blue Lou helped recruit the pianist at my church to North Texas.

Didn't realize you guys were in Denton. Is that the same Denton the Mountain Goats are singing about in "The Best Ever Death Metal Band out of Denton":

Edited by clemson86

Didn't realize you guys were in Denton. Is that the same Denton the Mountain Goats are singing about:

Dang, I kinda want to listen to that, some time when my wife isn't asleep in the next room. I have little doubt this would be about Denton; hey the Album was "All Hail West Texas" (Denton is in North, not West Texas, by the way). Anything, musical, why not? Probably no more weird than the part in "Rocky Horror Picture Show" where the sign at the edge of town announces "Denton, Home of Happiness".

Dang, I kinda want to listen to that, some time when my wife isn't asleep in the next room. I have little doubt this would be about Denton; hey the Album was "All Hail West Texas" (Denton is in North, not West Texas, by the way). Anything, musical, why not? Probably no more weird than the part in "Rocky Horror Picture Show" where the sign at the edge of town announces "Denton, Home of Happiness".

Ok, the "Mountain Goats", apparently one guy, John Darnielle, lived in Denton at one point in his life; it's here in his Wikipedia bio:

Wikipedia: John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats

Anyone who knows the Mountain Goats is okay in my book. The Sunset Tree was one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Got to see them on the Get Lonely tour in a tiny room. I play guitar solo (and with a band) and "No Children" off Tallahassee is a fan favorite even though not many people know them here. I've offered John my lake house for a week and he says at some point he'll take me up on it. He lives up the road in Durham, NC (suck it Blue Devils - http://www.theonion.com/articles/duke-university-equestrian-team-hoping-to-avoid-in,1934/). And The Sunset Tree remains one of my all-time favorites by any band. But we digress. Boo Mean Green.

I'm not going to argue that point. This was probably our low point though:

clemson_home_uniform.jpg

"Pussy Galore" - or whoever that first guy who swung through and wouldn't shut up about beating South Carolina was - didn't get this reference when I made it. Jad Dean is 90% of what I know about Clemson.