Unt Adds Defensive End

Brett Vito

So how much eligibility does he have remaining? He came out of high school in '06, so I assume '06 was his freshman year at Navarro. Then he played _(up to 3)__ years at Central Oklahoma, although '08 shows as his sophomore year. So is this his last year of eligibility, or does he have one remaining?

At any rate, welcome DeMario!

This is just speculation on my part.....but from reading his credentials....did we "add" him....or is he walking on? Because his background doesn't convey that he's really FBS scholarship material. Vito writes that he's taking Miller's spot, as if he got a scholarship. UCO is Division II....a step below FCS.

Either way....I wish him well....and maybe he'll be a huge surprise for us.

Edited by SUMG

This is just speculation on my part.....but from reading his credentials....did we "add" him....or is he walking on? Because his background doesn't convey that he's really FBS scholarship material. Vito writes that he's taking Miller's spot, as if he got a scholarship. UCO is Division II....a step below FCS.

Either way....I wish him well....and maybe he'll be a huge surprise for us.

He is taking his spot on the roster

Yeah...I know that. I read it in Vito's blog. My point was, is he on scholarship? Because with his well traveled background....if we gave this guy a scholarship....I kind of question that move.

If we are going to give a ship , I'd rather it go to the walk-onBrandon McCoy

Correct. But did he? And what season(s) has he sat out?

My point is that it does not matter what seasons he played, it only matters when he first enrolled full-time in college.

If he was on the 2008 UCO roster, and his bio says he played one year at Navarro, then at the very latest, he first enrolled in (junior) college in 2007. It seems unlikely that he would have first enrolled that year, given that he clearly intended to enroll at Grambling in 2006.

Edited by BeatNavy

Cramps, overheating, and running into a tent pole. All three are heat related injuries. I'm sure the tent was there for shade or a cooling station. With our prep in this heat, I really think our first home game every year should be against Wyoming or another northern school. It would certainly take advantage of the conditioning that our guys are working so hard to achieve.

Cramps, overheating, and running into a tent pole. All three are heat related injuries. I'm sure the tent was there for shade or a cooling station. With our prep in this heat, I really think our first home game every year should be against Wyoming or another northern school. It would certainly take advantage of the conditioning that our guys are working so hard to achieve.

Yeah, the mountain teams utilize their asset of altitude, so we should utilize our asset of horrible heat. That is if we can con anyone to come down here and play us in early September. Could have been part of the reason that we pretty much outplayed a good Ohio team last year. B)