Second Domino Falling?

gangrene

Oklahoma State Next to Jump to Pac-10

Originally posted Jun 10th 2010 9:54 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The Oklahoma State Cowboys are blazing a trail to the Pacific-10 Conference ... according to a source -- and leaving the future of the Big 12 Conference in serious jeopardy.

0610-pac10-oklahoma-ex.jpg

A source in the OK State athletic department tells TMZ Sports the move is a "done deal." The Pac-10 just made it official that Colorado is also jumping off the Big 12 ship.

We're told it's "just a matter of time" before the OK State announcement is also made. It's been rumored that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M will also join the new super conference. Nebraska, it's widely believed, will go to the Big 10.

As for why this is all going down -- our source says "everyone wants a playoff system ... and this is the first step toward doing it."

Oklahoma State Next to Jump to Pac-10

Originally posted Jun 10th 2010 9:54 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The Oklahoma State Cowboys are blazing a trail to the Pacific-10 Conference ... according to a source -- and leaving the future of the Big 12 Conference in serious jeopardy.

0610-pac10-oklahoma-ex.jpg

A source in the OK State athletic department tells TMZ Sports the move is a "done deal." The Pac-10 just made it official that Colorado is also jumping off the Big 12 ship.

We're told it's "just a matter of time" before the OK State announcement is also made. It's been rumored that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M will also join the new super conference. Nebraska, it's widely believed, will go to the Big 10.

As for why this is all going down -- our source says "everyone wants a playoff system ... and this is the first step toward doing it."

blowup.gif

Report: Texas Tech, Texas, Texas A&M to leave Big 12; OK State mum

Oklahoma State is denying the TMZ report:

Oklahoma State's athletic department informed ksbitv.com that there will be some sort of statement out of the president's office later Thursday. However, the university released a statement saying, "The report circulating about an immediate announcement today concerning Oklahoma State University and conference realignment is without merit. There are no announcements planned by Oklahoma State University. We remain committed to the Big 12 Conference. If there are additional defections, we will have to evaluate our options."

A comment following the DMN story:

Dallas_Cares

2:20 PM on June 10, 2010

Time for UH and UNT systems to step up - you're talking about 36k and above enrollments out of both - larger than ANYONE in the current BIG 12 except A&M and UT. Their SATs are actually HIGHER than TTECHs also and include all colleges within their respective systems including medical schools and law schools!!

Talk about marketing anyone? I would pull all he mentioned into SWC and also include KANSAS AND KSTATE !!!

And if that doesn't work - recommend UNT with thier 40k enrollment and near Tier1 to be accepted into BIG 10 for future - would the conf a slant agains PAC16 with them in recruiting and TV market hook for the DFW market!!

I love the positive thinking but Big10? Seriously?? I think someone has spiked their green kool-aid.

And if that doesn't work - recommend UNT with thier 40k enrollment and near Tier1 to be accepted into BIG 10 for future - would the conf a slant agains PAC16 with them in recruiting and TV market hook for the DFW market!!

I love the positive thinking but Big10? Seriously?? I think someone has spiked their green kool-aid.

And what exactly is "near Tier 1" supposed to mean? We're only one of several state school vying for Tier 1 status, but we are currently Tier 4, if I'm not mistaken.

And what exactly is "near Tier 1" supposed to mean? We're only one of several state school vying for Tier 1 status, but we are currently Tier 4, if I'm not mistaken.

Weird that a guy commenting on the DMN website wouldn't have all the facts.