Houston Should Consider Unt's Jones

None of you have the slightest clue about how on board with everything UNT Timmy is. Relax.

Whatever. He's the biggest media threat our school has faced since the wizards at the Bleacher Report decided to start covering us.

• Upvote 1

Tom Pender's was on Sports Talk 610 here in Houston after they made Dance. Mr. Pender's said he had performance clause written in his contract to win 15 games per year. Mr. Pender's basically said he wouldn't have come to Houston without the low win total's because it was so hard to recruit talent. If you think the SuperPit is bad place to play then think again. Hofheinz is much worse. They didn't have running water to the men's showers until 2 to 3 weeks ago. Aubrey Coleman, National scoring champion has never taken a shower at Hofheinz Pavilion. Mr. Pender's said he recommended Mack Rhoades be hired as new AD, but something didn't work out in the end. Pender's is a better coach than many have given him credit for.

Oh, Women's basketball coach was also fired at Houston. sdddddddddddddd

Time will tell. I hope JJ says with UNT!!!

Mr. Pender's said he didn't need the money when he took Houston job, and his son live in Houston, so that was another benefit of coaching the Cougers.

I didn't mean to imply the Super Pit was a bad place to play at all. Point is Hofhienz has major problems like Fouts Field has. I should have made that comparison. I don't think the AD and other big wigs in U of H probably appreciated Mr. Pender's discussing his contract on the Radio so openly.

Penders took a lot of heat for not recruiting "Houston Area" much like D. Dickey when he was at UNT. It's a roll of the dice. I didn't appreciate some of the things DD did while at UNT, but I thought some were really hard on him. Enter the "GREAT TODD DODGE" Our SAVOR at the time. I knew he wouldn't be, but when Mr. Dodge was hired you could tell anyone he wasn't the "ONE". Now the "ONE" is fighting for his job. Do I believe Todd Dodge is a terrible coach, or not even a good coach. Not going to make that call. Everyone one has to come to their own conclusion. Do I believe we could have made a better hire, YES!!!! A lot of students on scholarships left the football program. Things must have been pretty bad for those kids to give up a paid for collage education. It's easy to say the kids are quitters. I was at the Rice UNT game 77-20 I think. Score could have been over 100 to 20, but Rice coach didn't run up score. Anyway, don't know why I hit tangent and started talking Football on the Basketball board. I only look at Basketball board now. For years other way around. Don't have much interest in changing back.

I hope we keep Johnny Jones for a long time. Reality is Mr. Jones has earned every cent of his contract and more. UNT has been blessed by Johnny Jones staying with UNT and building what he has.

RV needs to Robb the stadium fund and give JJ even more money. We really to have one sport say at the top of our conference and keep UNT on national stage. Super Pit is great place to play and it's much cheaper to pay BB coaching staff the big bucks than a staff of 10+ FB coaches. Past that any continuing BB facilities wouldn't cost 50 ml. to fund.

Our basketball attendence will continue to rise each year if team keeps winning. UNT can't afford to let BB program slide like it did in late 70's early 80's, or like FB has since early 2000's. If we do UNT will pay the price.

RV go out on a limb to keep Johnny Jones here. JJ may have you over a barrel concerning his contract, but he's proven and has done everything he promised he would for UNT Basketball and more. How long has it been since we can say the same about a FB or any other coach at UNT.

Penders took a lot of heat for not recruiting "Houston Area" much like D. Dickey when he was at UNT. It's a roll of the dice. I didn't appreciate some of the things DD did while at UNT, but I thought some were really hard on him. Enter the "GREAT TODD DODGE" Our SAVIOR at the time. I knew he wouldn't be, but when Mr. Dodge was hired you could tell anyone he wasn't the "ONE". Now the "ONE" is fighting for his job. Do I believe Todd Dodge is a terrible coach, or not even a good coach. Not going to make that call. Everyone one has to come to their own conclusion. Do I believe we could have made a better hire, YES!!!! A lot of students on scholarships left the football program. Things must have been pretty bad for those kids to give up a paid for collage education. It's easy to say the kids are quitters. I was at the Rice UNT game 77-20 I think. Score could have been over 100 to 20, but Rice coach didn't run up score. Anyway, don't know why I hit tangent and started talking Football on the Basketball board. I only look at Basketball board now. For years other way around. Don't have much interest in changing back.

Thought this was a basketball forum? Not a rant for DD or anti Dodge forum.

UofH's women's Coach Curl was not fired. He resigned due to health reasons after missing a couple of games during the year to congental heart failure.

As mentioned, Houston's facilities are in terrible shape, and whoever replaces Penders will have a tough job elevating that program.

UofH's women's Coach Curl was not fired. He resigned due to health reasons after missing a couple of games during the year to congental heart failure.

As mentioned, Houston's facilities are in terrible shape, and whoever replaces Penders will have a tough job elevating that program.

Real question: did Houston ever replace their AD? Wasn't he retiring?