Please Be There Thursday

emmitt01

What the hell is Garnet?? If it is a shade of pink, it's still pink.

Don't Church it up, Son!

Not a shade of pink. Try a quick google search broski. :D. Its more like maroon. It is just one of our fraternity colors, but like I said, I told them to wear green!

Emmit, we do still have the North Texas Greeks shirts, but they are completely generic, no individual letters on them. Last year we tried to make green "North Texas Pikes" shirts to wear to athletic events, but the University would not let us becuase of licensing problems.

Garnet is Florida State's official team color. I think I'd rather the greeks wear UF blue. Its just prettier.

The only fraternity that might be wearing garnet is Pi Kappa Alpha, the one I am in. The reason for this is because it is an alumni event and we want to stand out to alumni...I advised against this, saying it would be better to wear green, but I am not the president. Nevertheless, almost our whole fraternity will be there, and so will many alumni!

If we can match the 4500 we had on Saturday, I'll be thrilled. Those elementary kids really boosted our numbers, and they cheered and waved and got into the game way more than I expected.

I'm coming, and on top of the usuals, we're bringing at least 3 people who've never come to an NT basketball game before.

Emmit, we do still have the North Texas Greeks shirts, but they are completely generic, no individual letters on them. Last year we tried to make green "North Texas Pikes" shirts to wear to athletic events, but the University would not let us because of licensing problems.

The university does not have a trademark or patent on any shade of "green"...it's a color...if you want to create a green shirt that says "North Texas Pikes"...DO IT! Who did you ask and why?????

I think it's a great idea, by the way.

Why not do a green oxford shirt with your Greek logo and the wording "North Texas Pike"? Sounds like a great idea to me...I'll bet it would spread to other frats as well...

I am still wondering who told you "no" and how they think they have the authority to do that as long as you are not utilizing the "official" UNT logo without permission.

And...even if you wanted the "official" logo...why not? You are a recognized student organization and the UNT logo is on a ton of stuff! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The university does not have a trademark or patent on any shade of "green"...it's a color...if you want to create a green shirt that says "North Texas Pikes"...DO IT! Who did you ask and why?????

I think it's a great idea, by the way.

Why not do a green oxford shirt with your Greek logo and the wording "North Texas Pike"? Sounds like a great idea to me...I'll bet it would spread to other frats as well...

I am still wondering who told you "no" and how they think they have the authority to do that as long as you are not utilizing the "official" UNT logo without permission.

And...even if you wanted the "official" logo...why not? You are a recognized student organization and the UNT logo is on a ton of stuff! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I am not sure who told us that, It was right when we came on campus in 2007. But we were just about to make the shirts when we were told we could not put "North Texas" on them. I know that makes no sense but that is what happened. Maybe we just should have done it without asking...I'll let the guy who gets out t-shirts made know that we should be able to make them.

I'm wearing three layers of clothes because I wanted to have my current lucky NT shirt and long-sleeve combo on under my regular generic work green-button down shirt so I could head straight for the game without changing.

All this spirit is making my nipples itch.