Colt Mccoy

adman

I am with the Texas haters too. I used to despise Oklahoma when I was living up in Dallas because of people like Junior Miller. Now that I live in Austin, I cannot listen to sports talk radio without Burnt Orange Koolaid spilling all over my truck. It makes me sick the way these guys talk about the Longhorns as if the can't be beaten. That isn't even the part that makes me livid. They completely trash talk and downgrade all mid-majors. They look at Boise State as a joke, which pisses me off because I would bet my truck on the Broncos vs. the Horns. They talked crap about the "snoozer" GMAC bowl featuring our conference champion vs #25 Cenral Mich. They are real jerks and true elitests. They firmly elieve in the BCS as long as it is to UTs advantage(which is all years but last).

Texas was overrated this year, plain and simple. They try to hype up their schedule and downgrade other undefeated teams'. Texas' 3 signature wins were over Oklahoma 3pts (without Bradford or Gresham), Oklahoma State 27pts (without Dez Bryant or Kendall Hunter), and Nebraska 1pt (with a poor offense, may have been better served to punt on first down). So the two best regular season wins were against teams without their 2 best players which is more than the one Emmitt listed.

Alabama scored one last touchdown, so what? Texas was hyping up their #1 ranked rush defense, they should have stuffed the run. I guess playing teams that can't or won't run the ball in the regular season must've padded those stats.

Texas was overrated this year. Alabama would have beaten them regardless if #12 was in the game or not. Bama just called off the dogs way too early. If I was Saban I would have tried to hang 50+ on them to prove who the best team in the country is and leave no doubt. Also, if McElroy hadn't sat back in the pocket like the second coming of Drew Bledsoe/David Carr, it could have gotten ugly really fast.

Texas was overrated this year. Alabama would have beaten them regardless if #12 was in the game or not. Bama just called off the dogs way too early. If I was Saban I would have tried to hang 50+ on them to prove who the best team in the country is and leave no doubt. Also, if McElroy hadn't sat back in the pocket like the second coming of Drew Bledsoe/David Carr, it could have gotten ugly really fast.

I don't think Saban called off the dogs. Their field position sucked in the third quarter and Ingram was out with injury, so they had trouble getting out of that hole. The play calling was more conservative than it might have been, but McElroy's rib injury was hampering his effectiveness. Saban did what he had to do to win when Texas' offense showed zero sign of life, and ultimately it worked out. If he asked more of McElroy in the third, he could've thrown a pick and the whole outcome of the game changes.

I have found that when I attend away games, I get shown sportsmanship and the respect from the opposing fans in relation to the amount of respect and sportsmanship that I display toward them. Do you think your actions might just have some bearing on how you are treated when attending away games?????

Turns out Colt McCoy really is second.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad Bama won. I'm not afraid to say it to all you secret Shorthorn leg humpers, I hate UT.

And for all you burnt orange bungholes, it's not about being denied or shunned by Texas because I NEVER even considered going to UT, I was accepted at Syracuse instead.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

It is uncool in society to profess your religious beliefs in public because it seems to offend others some thinkl. Why is it not as offensive for people to laugh or at least make light of people who profess there beliefs? It is not like Colt hands out sweat towels for prayer!

Edited by Green Dozer

It is uncool in society to profess your religious beliefs in public because it seems to offend others some thinkl. Why is it not as offensive for people to laugh or at least make light of people who profess there beliefs? It is not like Colt hands out sweat towels for prayer!

I quit. Its pointless. Fun is no longer capable of occurring on this website. I vow to quit interrupting the party of despair and thus forward begin attacking those who do. No guarantees on how long I can last.

Edited by Green P1

Jesus.

As a NT alum who lived in Austin and worked for UT, I got shown nothing but respect for my love of the Mean Green. And I have no real feelings about UT one way or the other.

I think the game would've been different had Colt McCoy not been knocked out. But I think the outcome would've basically been the same. It just would've been a much more interesting game.

Speaking of lack of interest, isn't the losing team at halftime 0-fer in BCS National Championships? Over at halftime. Especially the case for this snoozer.

And I like Colt McCoy. Liked him coming out of high school, when he was a 3-star recruit people said was going to end up stuck behind Perriloux.

I am with the Texas haters too. I used to despise Oklahoma when I was living up in Dallas because of people like Junior Miller. Now that I live in Austin, I cannot listen to sports talk radio without Burnt Orange Koolaid spilling all over my truck. It makes me sick the way these guys talk about the Longhorns as if the can't be beaten. That isn't even the part that makes me livid. They completely trash talk and downgrade all mid-majors. They look at Boise State as a joke, which pisses me off because I would bet my truck on the Broncos vs. the Horns. They talked crap about the "snoozer" GMAC bowl featuring our conference champion vs #25 Cenral Mich. They are real jerks and true elitests. They firmly elieve in the BCS as long as it is to UTs advantage(which is all years but last).

Texas was overrated this year, plain and simple. They try to hype up their schedule and downgrade other undefeated teams'. Texas' 3 signature wins were over Oklahoma 3pts (without Bradford or Gresham), Oklahoma State 27pts (without Dez Bryant or Kendall Hunter), and Nebraska 1pt (with a poor offense, may have been better served to punt on first down). So the two best regular season wins were against teams without their 2 best players which is more than the one Emmitt listed.

Alabama scored one last touchdown, so what? Texas was hyping up their #1 ranked rush defense, they should have stuffed the run. I guess playing teams that can't or won't run the ball in the regular season must've padded those stats.

Me, Coach Hines, and Yamanashi agree with 164% of this post.

The Big 12 is the most overrated of the BCS conferences.

Prepare for MeanMag rebuttal in 5...4...3...2...

Ask and you shall receive: It's already proven that rational discussion is unobtainable on this board.

Texas proved that the Big 12 champion is not as good in football as the SEC champion this year. I do not think there is another team from the Big 12 that could have played as well (or as poorly as some would see it) as Texas played. While I think a Boise/Bama game would have been interesting, I am not prepared to say the WAC is overall a better football conference than the Big 12. Nor am I prepared to say that it (the WAC) is underrated...

The Big 12 finished with 3 teams in the top 25.

The MWC finished with 3 as well with a higher overall ranking... Top to bottom, I think the brand of football played in the MWC might have been very close to being on par with the Big 12 this year in football. Their bowl wins reflect that statement. I don't feel the Final Rankings under or overrated any teams this year.

I am however, still trying to figure out how Villanova received 2 votes.

Texas deserves to be exactly where it finished: 2nd place. I do not know of the conference rankings by which it is determined that, "The Big 12 is overrated."

While we are throwing out such opinions and broad-reaching generalizations on such non-UNT football related subjects without any substance or support for arguments just to see what sticks and gets a rise out of other posters:

(as well as posting, "Prepare for MeanMag rebuttal in 5...4...3...2..." which must mean that you can't wait to read my next post... I was actually done until you asked for more.)

Begin Rant:

To all the Texas haters that can't stand for Texas to receive so much attention - you sure do give them a lot of attention. You are playing right into their hands just like all of the Aggies who buy their logo to cut the horns off and OU people who buy it to turn it upside down. You, of all people, should be the ones who could give a rats fecal matter whether Texas won/lost. Talk about simple minded... the second poster on this thread posted, "All sarcasm aside, let the apologist excuses begin."! You even invited it! You only have yourselves to blame, which has been pointed out before on this thread.

Instead of focusing so much attention on how overrated Texas and the Big 12 is on a UNT football message board, why isn't anyone talking about how underrated UNT and the Sun Belt is? Instead GoMeanGreen.com's UNT Football message board has a thread a the top of the page titled, "Colt Mccoy" 4 nights after the game was played with posts mostly made by people who could, supposedly, care less about that unrelated school. I'd be willing to bet that outside of the mean green fanbase you'd be hard pressed to find that topic at the top of almost any other schools' forum.

Some UNT fans are so desensitized and used to losing the past several seasons that our fans have some false reality of college football and have become so bitter towards just about any AQ program that has any success for any sustained amount of time - deserved or undeserved. Pass it off as those schools getting things handed to them and receiving the benefit of the doubt, they don't care. Until we (UNT) take on the mindset that our friends in Fort Worth have, and start dictating and proving to the college football world on the field that Texas is over-rated, your posts on Texas being overrated will continually draw giggles from everyone.

The only fans who have a legitimate beef with where ANYONE is rated right now is 14-0 and ranked 4th in both polls.

Also, if anyone continues to seek my opinion on this subject, I will reply back with some insane proclamation about how awesome Texas is - just to make sure this thread stays at the top of the forum. If the UT lovers (non-existent on this forum) aren't a beating to us - you Texas haters sure as hell are.

Edited by MeanMag

Ask and you shall receive: It's already proven that rational discussion is unobtainable on this board.

Texas proved that the Big 12 champion is not as good in football as the SEC champion this year. I do not think there is another team from the Big 12 that could have played as well (or as poorly as some would see it) as Texas played. While I think a Boise/Bama game would have been interesting, I am not prepared to say the WAC is overall a better football conference than the Big 12. Nor am I prepared to say that it (the WAC) is underrated...

The Big 12 finished with 3 teams in the top 25.

The MWC finished with 3 as well with a higher overall ranking... Top to bottom, I think the brand of football played in the MWC might have been very close to being on par with the Big 12 this year in football. Their bowl wins reflect that statement. I don't feel the Final Rankings under or overrated any teams this year.

I am however, still trying to figure out how Villanova received 2 votes.

Texas deserves to be exactly where it finished: 2nd place. I do not know of the conference rankings by which it is determined that, "The Big 12 is overrated."

Wow. Three teams. Woo-hoo. That's surely an increase from past seasons, right? And, that stellar 4-4 bowl record.

Texas had one thing, it's defense...well, against the Big 12 schools maybe. Bama took what little Texas had on offense, Colt McCoy, immobilized it, then coasted home to a 16-point win. Anyone who watched Texas versus Oklahoma and Nebraska would have known the Longhorns weren't going to do squat against Alabama.

And...with two 100 yard rushers against the "#1 run defense in college football." Laughable coming out of the Big 12 conference. It's a great run defense against schools that pass the ball too much. Yeah, the best. Stick them up against a coach and coaching staff who don't have their heads up their backsides, and you get what you get...two 100 yard rushers - one a freshman and the other a sophomore - and another Big 12 team stomped in the national title game by an SEC school.

As many BCS games as Mack Brown has whined his way into and OU has backed into thanks to computers, it was nice to watch one or the other get put in their place again. Now that Tommy Tuberville is at Tech and Bo Pelini has Nebraska halfway (defensive side of the ball) up again, the conference may be credible again next season or in 2011.

Also...Boise/Bama...? Forget it. Boise barely handled a TCU team that left its offense at home. Bama would have shut either of those two out. The real national title game was played on December 5, 2009 when Bama and Florida met in the SEC title game. No Big 12 team could have come within 16 of either of them this year.

Wow. Three teams. Woo-hoo. That's surely an increase from past seasons, right? And, that stellar 4-4 bowl record.

Texas had one thing, it's defense...well, against the Big 12 schools maybe. Bama took what little Texas had on offense, Colt McCoy, immobilized it, then coasted home to a 16-point win. Anyone who watched Texas versus Oklahoma and Nebraska would have known the Longhorns weren't going to do squat against Alabama.

And...with two 100 yard rushers against the "#1 run defense in college football." Laughable coming out of the Big 12 conference. It's a great run defense against schools that pass the ball too much. Yeah, the best. Stick them up against a coach and coaching staff who don't have their heads up their backsides, and you get what you get...two 100 yard rushers - one a freshman and the other a sophomore - and another Big 12 team stomped in the national title game by an SEC school.

As many BCS games as Mack Brown has whined his way into and OU has backed into thanks to computers, it was nice to watch one or the other get put in their place again. Now that Tommy Tuberville is at Tech and Bo Pelini has Nebraska halfway (defensive side of the ball) up again, the conference may be credible again next season or in 2011.

Also...Boise/Bama...? Forget it. Boise barely handled a TCU team that left its offense at home. Bama would have shut either of those two out. The real national title game was played on December 5, 2009 when Bama and Florida met in the SEC title game. No Big 12 team could have come within 16 of either of them this year.

Lonnie,

I cannot believe you think Tuberville and Pelini give more credibility to this conference. I mean they are good guys, and all, but not exactly great football minds. If Tuberville was such a great coach, why didn't Miss St offer him given his Miss ties and all. Tubby is a program builder. As for Pelini, he practically begged for the Neb job, and I believe rides the Stoops' coattails.

Lonnie,

I cannot believe you think Tuberville and Pelini give more credibility to this conference. I mean they are good guys, and all, but not exactly great football minds. If Tuberville was such a great coach, why didn't Miss St offer him given his Miss ties and all. Tubby is a program builder. As for Pelini, he practically begged for the Neb job, and I believe rides the Stoops' coattails.

Really? So, Tuberville going 13-0 in 2004 in the SEC was something anyone could have done? Any old "good guy" could do it? Todd Dodge is a "good guy" that isn't even treading water in the Sun Belt. I had a neighbor play for Buddy Teevins at Tulane, a "good guy" that somehow couldn't get it done either. Gosh, if only Tuberville and Pelini had the football intelligence of offense-banging "good guys" like Dodge and Teevens...imagine what success they would enjoy as coaches.

It's also laughable to say Pelini rides Stoops' coattails. Pelini broke into the college game at Nebraska after nine years coaching in the NFL. Bob Stoops had nothing to do with Pelini getting an NFL job in 1994. And, Pelini was only at OU for one season - the year they shut out Vince Young, Cedric Benson, and roster full of other NFL players, 12-0. How has Bob Stoops fared against Texas since his older brother, then Pelini left? They're 1-4. Who was riding coattails at OU? I think it was Bob riding his older brother's coattails as well as Pelini's.

Only on a North Texas message board would people look at the results Tuberville and Pelini have gotten out of various defenses and pooh-pooh it. The strong defensive expertise both bring will help the Big 12 shed its image as a defenseless, pass happy playground. Both have SEC championships under their belt and Pelini has a national title under his belt from his days at LSU.

But, I mean, the SEC...pshht. How good could that conference really be? I mean, it only accounted for half of the national titles over the past 10 years. How could anyone learn anything about competitive football by coaching there? Especially defensive-minded dolts like Tuberville and Pelini.

How will in the world will Tuberville and Pelini ever figure out how to contain offensive-minded coaches like Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Dan Hawkins, Gary Pinkel, and Mike Sherman? You just look at all of the Big 12 titles those guys have piled up with their tricked up offenses and just have to shake your head at hires like Tuberville and Pelini, right?

It's startling that nine of the last 10 Big 12 titles were won by either OU or Texas, schools who have a head coach that came from the SEC (Bob Stoops, Florida) and a defensive coordinator that came from the SEC (Will Muschamp, Auburn). But, I mean, really...how much success can defensive-minded coaches straight out of the SEC realy be expected to bring? Tech and Nebraska, must not be looking at the recent history of the conference, right?

You may notice that they hand out championship trophies for winning champions, not for piling up statistics in the passing game. With Tuberville and Pelini, the Big 12 is beginning to go back to its roots as a conference with tough defenses. And, OU and Texas, therefore, will face better in conference challenges as a result. And, thus, the conference will be legitimate again.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch