The Glass Ceiling Is Shattered!

Interesting pick, but not a surprise for those who follow UM's program...even a little bit. It will be interesting to see how this businessman and entrepreneur handles the "subtleties" of university life and all the "political correctness" that goes along with it. I wish him well and all the luck in the world. UM has a proud history in athletics and has not been "up to its own standard" in recent years.

This should be interesting...the guy might implode under all the hoops he will have to jump through or he might just be what UM needed. I guess we will all see soon enough. Maybe he really shattered the Pepperoni ceiling...

Speaking of no glass ceilings....

President Obama Names Transgender Appointee to Commerce Department

52530-1.jpg

Whoa!!!Look at the size of those paws!

At Raytheon, Simpson -- a former test pilot who had worked for the company for more than a generation -- transitioned from male to female and was instrumental in convincing the military contractor to add gender identity and expression to its equal employment opportunity policy.

2163886_BG1.jpg

Looks like one of those characters out of "AVATAR".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Interesting pick, but not a surprise for those who follow UM's program...even a little bit. It will be interesting to see how this businessman and entrepreneur handles the "subtleties" of university life and all the "political correctness" that goes along with it. I wish him well and all the luck in the world. UM has a proud history in athletics and has not been "up to its own standard" in recent years.

This should be interesting...the guy might implode under all the hoops he will have to jump through or he might just be what UM needed. I guess we will all see soon enough. Maybe he really shattered the Pepperoni ceiling...

I agreee, very interesting. It could possibly work out well, but it also could not work out very well. We'll just have to see.

How does this diminish her skills and qualifications do to her job? You don't have to agree with her sexual orientation and what not but she still contributes to society.

Everyone knows that gays, weirdos, and all other sorts of wackjobs have/deserve no place in America.

Now where'd I put that Lee Greenwood cd...

Edited by Green P1

That quote was great. I was waiting for Toby Keith to come flying through a flaming hoop in a monster truck when I heard it

Toby Keith is a damn dirty liberal. His name derseves not to be mentioned in the same thread as the America loving Lee Greenwood.

web_Lee_Greenwood[1].jpg

How does this diminish her skills and qualifications do to her job? You don't have to agree with her sexual orientation and what not but she still contributes to society.

KingDL didn't say a thing about her skills or qualifications. He was referencing how wrong and creepy it is to pay someone to whack off your Johnson. Unless of course, your into that sort of thing Green Mean?

Rick

KingDL didn't say a thing about her skills or qualifications. He was referencing how wrong and creepy it is to pay someone to whack off your Johnson. Unless of course, your into that sort of thing Green Mean?

Rick

Wow.

I've said it before...but this truly drives it home...I feel really bad for your kids.

Why

Because, if they display of pure ignorance Rick layed out as his stance on the trans-gendered is legit, and he projects that ignorance on to his children then its going to be a long, uphill battle for them to ensure that his ignorance and prejudice doesn't become theirs.

Because, if they display of pure ignorance Rick layed out as his stance on the trans-gendered is legit, and he projects that ignorance on to his children then its going to be a long, uphill battle for them to ensure that his ignorance and prejudice doesn't become theirs.

By my count, this is three times now you've desperately reduced yourself by mentioning my children in order to drive home a simple disagreement.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

So what is your stance on the transgendered?