Latest Western Kentucky Coaching Rumor?

TheTastyGreek

There may actually be something to this...

The SUNY system is investigating major cuts in athletics to several system schools.

Now, with the university system facing a proposed $90 million cut in state financing, some are questioning whether the emphasis on athletics is misguided. Assemblyman Peter M. Rivera, a Democrat from the Bronx, said state money should not be spent on building athletic powerhouses.

“That’s not the purpose of a SUNY school,” he said. “The purpose of a SUNY school is to provide the best education possible.”

The situation at Binghamton has SUNY administrators and state legislators reconsidering the athletics programs launched in 1986 at four research schools: Stony Brook, Albany, Binghamton, and Buffalo.

Sooo.... If Turner Gill is out there and looking at a Sun Belt job in Kentucky because of uncertainty at his current school... Shouldn't we at least call the guy up and offer our support and sympathetic ear to a UNT grad and former coach in crisis? You know... Just to let him know that we care and wish him the best?

Every year Turner Gill is linked to every open college coaching job.

Suposed to be the next coaching star. If Gill is so great, he sure is having a tough time

landing a new coaching job.

I wonder why the admin at Buffalo does not see their HFC is constantly looking for

new work and would leave Buffalo in a heart beat.

If my employee was that unhappy, I would cut him loose, no hard feelings, and good

luck with the job search.

Suposed to be the next coaching star. If Gill is so great, he sure is having a tough time

I wonder why the admin at Buffalo does not see their HFC is constantly looking for

If my employee was that unhappy, I would cut him loose, no hard feelings, and good

You can't be serious

ESPN

Gosh, you're right. Rattle off that list of schools waiting to steal Dodge away one more time...

Don't worry I'll wait

I enjoy your positive posst about UNT, but you missed big-time on this one. Turner Gill will be at a big-time school in the next year. He has performed a miracle at a place that was as bad as we are now. There is a reason many think Auburn made the worst decision possible by passing him over for Gene Chizik. Buffalo will not get a better replacement than Turner Gill in my opinion. Maybe someone can keep up his program, but he is up there on the list for greatest program turnarounds in history.

Agree on the head coach having a defensive mindset versus an offensive one. It sets the tone for the entire team and it's attitude/approach. Look at Bama, USC, Oklahoma, TCU, Virginia Tech, Pitt to name a few (I would say Texas, but Mack's basically a figurehead, though they do pay their DC very well!)

Agree on the head coach having a defensive mindset versus an offensive one. It sets the tone for the entire team and it's attitude/approach. Look at Bama, USC, Oklahoma, TCU, Virginia Tech, Pitt to name a few (I would say Texas, but Mack's basically a figurehead, though they do pay their DC very well!)

Interesting that 3 of those hired colossal NFL head coach failures.

Mack Brown's background is offense.

Mack Brown's background is offense.

You are correct, however if you go back in Mack's career to Tulane and North Carolina, the style has changed whenever Greg Davis shows up (which he has been with Brown all 12 seasons in Austin). Mack and DeLoss Dodds have put more of an influence on defense with the arrival of the Gene Chizik's and Will Muschamp's of the world, thus implementing an aggressive style of football for their team, similar to OU, USC, FL, BAMA, etc.