Fire Dodge Now Rick!

meangreenbob

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02. Dodge is building a program and he is doing it while being punished for Dickey's mistakes. Every year the team gets better and better and the quality of the players on the field get better and better. I think it will all come together next year with Riley's 2nd year as QB. As for this year and those that want him fired now, give it a rest.

You're being funny, right????

I haven't posted in a while, but I felt I should now. Give it a rest. He has made HUGE strides for the program since DD left. The team on the field this year is equally as good if not better than the 02 NOB team. I am fairly certain they would whoop that team head to head. The difference is the caliber of teams in the belt is also better than it was in 02. Dodge is building a program and he is doing it while being punished for Dickey's mistakes. Every year the team gets better and better and the quality of the players on the field get better and better. I think it will all come together next year with Riley's 2nd year as QB. As for this year and those that want him fired now, give it a rest.

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Have a feeling it was the S-bomb fired at the moderator on the receiving end of said question. It's been deleted now, you probably didn't see it.

Are you talking about this post? It didn't take long to figure out what word was replaced with the ?.

Then if that's the way you really feel.....why are you still a moderator on a UNT sports fan message board? Or better question: Why is Harry keeping you on as a moderator if you no longer give a ?

It still looks like a question to me, but I've learned not to ask why people get banned. Doing so led to my 4 week hiatus last year.

I appologize for the confusion. The comparision I was trying to draw was between the '01 5-7 team that got spanked by CSU in the NOB but saved DDs job to this years team. I mixed up what years we went (I've slept a few times since then). I still stand by everything I said above with that correction.

I appologize for the confusion. The comparision I was trying to draw was between the '01 5-7 team that got spanked by CSU in the NOB but saved DDs job to this years team. I mixed up what years we went (I've slept a few times since then). I still stand by everything I said above with that correction.

This is a joke as well. Dickey's 2001 "run-based" team had 21 touchdowns through the air, 11 to George Marshall alone. Kevin Galbreath ran for 1200 yards and was backed by some kid named Cobbs who ran for 400+ more. Scott Hall pulling the trigger with a cast that also included Ja'mel Branch, Kevin Howard, and Andy Blount.

And, that's just on the offensive side of the ball.

Booger Kennedy was leading the charge up front. There is no DL on the roster even remotely like Booger.

Jonas Buckles, Don McGee and Craig Jones shoring up the back end. There isn't a defensive back on the roster that even approaches the athletic ability of Jonas Buckles. Not even close. Not in coverage, not in run defense.

Future NFL linebackers Brad Kassell and Cody Spencer...and Chris Hurd? No one on this current roster, with perhaps...perhaps...the exception of Nwigwe would crack the starting lineup at LB against those guys. It's ridiculous to even suggest such.

This 2009 offering by Todd Dodge couldn't hold a candle to the 2001 or 2002 squad. You can build up Todd Dodge in your mind all you want, but he hasn't gotten near the playmakers on defense that Darrell Dickey did. Nor has he had as consistent an offense as Dickey did beginning with the 2001 run.

Hell, the 2001 team scored 21 times through the air. This pass-heavy team may not even throw that many, and you want to say the 2009 team was obviously better than the 2001 squad? The 2001 squad only threw 257 passes all year. The 2009 squad has already thrown it 270 times and has only 11 touchdown passes to show for it.

Dude, you may like Todd Dodge. You may look at his 5-27 record and think he's on the right track. Fine. Some agree with you. Others don't. But, to try to say this team would is in any way comparable to the 2001 squad is absurd.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch