If Nothing Else Game-day Tailgating Rocked

KingDL1

Definitely a positive of the day!!

Tailgating could not have been better yesterday, just perfect weather for being in the parking lot. We had a great crowd show up I lost count of how many made our tailgating. Probably about 60-80 just crazy.

Special thanks to UNTFlyer for joining us and sharing his TV.

The food was pretty damn good, one of our guys John, He brought out 4 deep cell batteries, a huge inverter to power he his sandwich press, I knew he was bringing that, what I did not know was he decided to bring his full size light commercial 3/4 horse power meat slicer as well.

The Cuban Sandwiches were simply incredible, he had smoked and slow roasted his pork loin, keep it in a cooler (dedicated to hot to keep the natural warmth from cooking) wrapped in foil then he ran the pork loin and the ham through the slicer for paper thin slices. He assembled these bad-boys with all the other goodies, buttered the French bread, and then placed them in the his handy dandy sandwich press until they were about a 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch thick. Best I have ever had! He wins the award in my group hands down.

****Super Bonus**** :THE TOMATO: Ski (Mike) stopped by and then he brought several Stuffed pizzas to the tailgate. I think it has been nearly 4 years since I had a slice of The Tomato stuffed pizza, I love those things.

John Denver how did your chili cook-off go?

• Upvote 2

Guest JohnDenver

I heard great things about the sandwiches and the "almost scary" battery setup.

Festival parking blows. Our turn out was great, the most people all year. One of our friends smoked four racks of ribs and a pork butt, plus all the chili's... it was a great day.

Seconded, but I can't offer moderator privileges.

Whoever gets me a stuffed pepperoni pizza gets seven minutes in the closet with a very compliant Quoner.

Bidding war eh?

Whoever gets me one not only gets mod privileges, they get seven minutes in the closet with a very non compliant (but drugged) TTG.

Bidding war eh?

Whoever gets me one not only gets mod privileges, they get seven minutes in the closet with a very non compliant (but drugged) TTG.

I propose that instead of a bidding war, we just collude and get what we want.

Whoever brings Cerebus and me TWO stuffed pizzas gets mod privileges and seven minutes in the closet with Quoner.

I heard great things about the sandwiches and the "almost scary" battery setup.

Festival parking blows. Our turn out was great, the most people all year. One of our friends smoked four racks of ribs and a pork butt, plus all the chili's... it was a great day.

Good to meet you yesterday, John Denver. Sorry my phone interrupted our conversation. You guys were great neighbors!

This is my rookie year for Mean Green Club membership and tailgating at UNT. Great scene.

My buddy Dan was in the same frat as Ski, and we talked about what happened to the Tomato.

Please, pizza Jesus, tell me the Tomato has reopened?!!

Or is Ski just cooking from home and bringing pizzas to the game? If you know how to contact him, please PM me and I will buy his stash next home game.

GMG

Nope, No Open Tomato, Ski brought them from home. I don't have his info but he is out at almost every home game.

• Upvote 1

My buddy Dan was in the same frat as Ski, and we talked about what happened to the Tomato.

Please, pizza Jesus, tell me the Tomato has reopened?!!

Or is Ski just cooking from home and bringing pizzas to the game? If you know how to contact him, please PM me and I will buy his stash next home game.

GMG

Ski was a Sig Tau at Illinois State but was always great to the local chapter at North Texas. He is a fraternity brother of our entire tailgate crew and it was great to have him at our last couple of tailgates. They really got screwed on the building deal and it is still not opened. Get this - the city of Denton has held up the entire process over one small thing - a DRIVE THROUGH. Yep, that's the city of Denton for you. Regardless of what the investors did to the local tennants, I think that speaks volumes for how the City of Denton treats investors willing to bring thir businesses to Denton. The corner of the building was to be a CVS with a drive through - the city claimed that traffic was too high for that area to accomodate that. CVS refused to honor the contract without that provision (probably a smart thing given that parking in the area is crap)... and the entire project has been sitting on hold indefinitely ever since. What a waste.... As for Ski, he is working for one of the local beer companies and his wife is managing a restaurant in town. They would love to get the Tomato back up and running. If anyone wants to fund them - I am that it would be a great investment. If you are serious - let me know and I will give you their contact info.

Steve