Vito: Injury Puts Dodge's Durability In Question

NT80

I hope Riley can play....He is our big chance against Bama

Also for you guys who are skeptical about us playing Alabama, anything is possible, really especially in college football.

If Riley plays, he is a threat to any defense. We have great RBs.

Solid Defense so far, that held Ball State to 10 points, held Ohio to 20 points before the debacle that was OT. That game would have never went to OT if Todd Ford had learned that when you are in the goalline setting you dont handful the ball to the RB in the shotgun setting and place yourself five yards from the end zone, damn.

Also DeLoach is our DC and he used to be a DC at UCLA, he knows all about preparation against big teams...

Hopefully Riley can play......

I do not think we should worry about the durability of R. Dodge. Look at Sam Bradford of Oklahoma. Does Bradford's injury in the BYU game make him less durable as a QB? How about the starting QB of Ohio? Less or more durable? Is bigger better? Answer: Only if you advertise for Extenze. Seriously, we will have to wait and see. Other posters have already stated other examples of undersized QBs that did well in college and even in the pros.

R. Dodge will be fine as the NT QB. He will get bigger and stronger throughout his college career.

We should be glad that we have N. Tune as #2. Remember that Tune was 16-0 in his Senior year at Celina. Appeared his confidence level improved as the game progressed. IMHO, not as deceptive as a runner as Riley but able to move the offense. I hope that Tune starts at Alabama to let R.Dodge recover.

From #119 in "D" last year to #38 after two games. Impressive. New attitude on the team thanks to all the coaching staff. BTW, Coach DeLoach is doing a great job along with the other "D" staff.

Vito is doing just a little pot stirring, he should have waited at least until the report on Riley comes out.

I think it is more than just pot stirring. It is a valid argument that the last three seasons he has played he has been injured. I didn't pay much attention to the durability factor... But, now I think it is something you can't ignore.

I think it is more than just pot stirring. It is a valid argument that the last three seasons he has played he has been injured. I didn't pay much attention to the durability factor... But, now I think it is something you can't ignore.

Does anyone think that both Riley and Kelvin Jackson should stay out this game and get completely healthy

considering it is basically a money (bodybag) game? Just curious.

Here's my take on Riley's injury history:

Senior year of high school: Hurts shoulder in the last game of the year.

Last year: Heard he could have come back, but the decision was made to go ahead and redshirt him.

This year: Hurt non-throwing shoulder, stayed in uniform on the sideline without ice, wrapping, etc... Doesn't sound serious, but let's see what happens.

None of these, to me, point to a durability issue.

Here's my take on Riley's injury history:

Senior year of high school: Hurts shoulder in the last game of the year.

Last year: Heard he could have come back, but the decision was made to go ahead and redshirt him.

This year: Hurt non-throwing shoulder, stayed in uniform on the sideline without ice, wrapping, etc... Doesn't sound serious, but let's see what happens.

None of these, to me, point to a durability issue.

Personally I think that the concussion was exaggerated so that Riley could get his redshirt year. He may have gotten his bell rung in the Rice game, but I doubt that he got a real season-ending-concussion. After the Rice game, Coach Dodge probably saw what a real train wreck the season was going to turn into, and decided that he wanted his son's services for a full four years.

As to the injury Saturday. Riley took a blind sided hit from a DE (or LB) who was running full speed.....UNTOUCHED. :angry: All things considered, he came through it pretty well.

I hope that when the team reviews the game film, someone who was supposed to be watching Riley's back on that play gets properly chewed out.

Personally I think that the concussion was exaggerated so that Riley could get his redshirt year. He may have gotten his bell rung in the Rice game, but I doubt that he got a real season-ending-concussion. After the Rice game, Coach Dodge probably saw what a real train wreck the season was going to turn into, and decided that he wanted his son's services for a full four years.

As to the injury Saturday. Riley took a blind sided hit from a DE (or LB) who was running full speed.....UNTOUCHED. :angry: All things considered, he came through it pretty well.

I hope that when the team reviews the game film, someone who was supposed to be watching Riley's back on that play gets properly chewed out.

Couldn't agree more, and the point I was trying to make in my post above.

Want to talk about injury prone, what about that old Roger Staubach guy that got a concussion from practically putting his helmet on! Thank goodness Landry didn't stick with him because of is likelyhood of getting injured. What ever happened to Staubach anyway?

Edited by UNTLifer