Unt Coaches Apparel

MeanGreengdub

Anyone know where to get the apparel the coaches wear?? Especially the UA hat Dodge had one, that was awesome.

If not, I really just want a nice golf shirt that's the Nike dri-fit material in the new green. Meangreengear.com didn't look like it had anything and I've check Vortmans and the school bookstore but to no avail. Thanks!

The coaches stuff looks great. Did you see the jacket RV had on last night ? MEANGREENGEAR has nothing except hoodies and "Helwig" era golf towels.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I swear good looking clothing like the coaches wear would sell if given a chance.

I wonder if the coaches would like to have a "garage sale" after the season ?

And still no replica jerseys in our new shade of green...which we've only had for three years NOW.

Should be right around the corner - I noticed saturday night that the injured players are now dressed in the new green, warm up top and bottoms "under armour" instead of the black ones in which they wore the last two seasons.

Thing is, as I understand it, is that apparel agreements between someone such as UA and the athletic program are in no way related to apparel agreements between the bookstore and whoever supplies them. It's a fairly recent thing that professional sports have figured out the whole "official outfitters of your Anycity Anyteam!" marketing ploy. A handful of BCS schools have figured it out, but most college programs haven't caught up yet.

I'm sure UA would do well to move its stuff into the book store, but that would probably violate some no compete clause in the existing contract the book store has with whoever makes the stuff that's in there now.

Thing is, as I understand it, is that apparel agreements between someone such as UA and the athletic program are in no way related to apparel agreements between the bookstore and whoever supplies them. It's a fairly recent thing that professional sports have figured out the whole "official outfitters of your Anycity Anyteam!" marketing ploy. A handful of BCS schools have figured it out, but most college programs haven't caught up yet.

I'm sure UA would do well to move its stuff into the book store, but that would probably violate some no compete clause in the existing contract the book store has with whoever makes the stuff that's in there now.

I saw UA polos at the bookstore a week ago

And still no replica jerseys in our new shade of green...which we've only had for three years NOW.

Adidas (I think) made Fitz jerseys last season in the current style. This weekend, though, the bookstore had Cam jerseys in the same incorrect color/style that they used for the Jamario jerseys 2 years ago.

Kram, please tell your Alumni Association buddies that our colors are Kelly Green and White. Not Golf Green or Aloe Green or Army Green or Dark Forest. Not Black and Green. Pathetic.

I did a quick scan and could not fine ONE damn shirt in the school colors.

Our our damn alumni association can't even get the colors right. How do we expect UA or Addidas to represent UNT well? PATHETIC! The Alumni Association should be ashamed.

"The University of North Texas Alumni Association proudly offers the Alma Mater Pro Shop by Kennerk Group. We now offer the officially licensed Texas Mean Green colors and logo clothing.."

Have to agree, there is no Hunter Green or Dark Forest Green as "Official" school colors! Would the UT Exes offer only Bright Orange or YellowOrange shirts on their clothing links?? Me thinks not. How about a Dark Brown shirt for the Aggie Alums out there??

Kram, please tell your Alumni Association buddies that our colors are Kelly Green and White. Not Golf Green or Aloe Green or Army Green or Dark Forest. Not Black and Green. Pathetic.

Our our damn alumni association can't even get the colors right. How do we expect UA or Addidas to represent UNT well? PATHETIC! The Alumni Association should be ashamed.

I will not be sending my check in this year.

Don't forget our favorite from the Helwig era, Navy Blue. I won't be buying from these folks. I did shoot them a message asking when they would be getting the correct green in.

Don't forget our favorite from the Helwig era, Navy Blue. I won't be buying from these folks. I did shoot them a message asking when they would be getting the correct green in.

I sympathize with your frustration about school colors. UNT alums and UTA alums have that much in common. Our administrations or suppliers cannot seem to get the colors right. We got some bozos in Austin telling us we have to use freakin' ORANGE as a trim color instead of the RED we used for over 50 years. Now the "trim color" is showing up as the main hue everywhere on campus. As I say, I can see how them getting the Kelly Green and White wrong can tick you guys off. At least you get a SHADE of green! :unsure:

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(filmerj @ Sep 13 2009, 11:37 PM) Try This Bought a few things from here.

I will not be sending my check in this year.

Thanks so much. Really apprecaite your support. Why don't you give them a call? Your phone out? You might find out what's going on with the site if you took the time to call instead of posting here. Give Rob McKinney a call and see what's up, and what they may or may not be looking at doing with the site. Always good to see that your support hinges on a shirt color or web site. Solid!

But, I will definitely also check it out and see what's up. Would have been nice if you could have shot me a PM and let me check into it further for you before posting here, but then again, you couldn't have made negative comments about the Alumni Association and told everyone how you will not be a member any longer because you are so outraged about a website. Hope you feel better.

Thanks so much. Really apprecaite your support. Why don't you give them a call? Your phone out? You might find out what's going on with the site if you took the time to call instead of posting here. Give Rob McKinney a call and see what's up, and what they may or may not be looking at doing with the site. Always good to see that your support hinges on a shirt color or web site. Solid!

But, I will definitely also check it out and see what's up. Would have been nice if you could have shot me a PM and let me check into it further for you before posting here, but then again, you couldn't have made negative comments about the Alumni Association and told everyone how you will not be a member any longer because you are so outraged about a website. Hope you feel better.

KRAM1, I think you need to look at the date of the post to which you just responded. And I'm pretty sure he is now out of the country, so he will not be able to be blessed with your helpful instructions.

KRAM1, I think you need to look at the date of the post to which you just responded. And I'm pretty sure he is now out of the country, so he will not be able to be blessed with your helpful instructions.

OK, but are there no phone or cell hook-ups out of the country and/or no web hook-up? Heck, my kid was in Iraq and had web and phone access....what's the point of posting something that old now?????? I did miss the date, but the complaint is still valid if the site has not been updated. I don't have a problem with the fact that he is upset with the situation...just the fact that it gets posted here with a comment that says support is contingent upon a clothing web-site. This sort of excuse after excuse for not supporting UNT or a function of UNT is asinine at best and reeks of just looking for some lame excuse. If you have a challenge with something, pick up the phone and talk to the folks in the area of your concern. Do it professionally and you would be doing them a big favor. I personally appreciate such calls or PM's as they point out areas of concern. No problem with that, but blasting it on GMG.com and using some lame excuse such as that for withholding support is simply nuts!

A spammer just bumped the thread (see post #17).

By the way, what's the deal with the sudden influx of spammers on the board? I don't recall it ever being a problem before, but there have been several the past couple days. :angry:

They heard about the program from the Today show and Mark Davis.

But look on the bright side, this should be good for at least 1 recruit from both Taiwan and India