At North Texas, It’s Not About 'saving Daddy’s Job’

mgsteve

Nice article with a realistic take/spin on things.

Realistic!?!? Stating (gasp) FACTS?... :o

Why, that's BLASPHEMY!!!! ... :angry:

I guess we have no other choice but to burn Jan Hubbard at the same stake where Brett Vito gets burned, every time he tries to introduce (like a credible journalist) facts into an article about North Texas........... B)

The Dodge/Dodge story lead will be the focus of the local and national media this season.

North Texas will be followed by the media this season, just becasue of the unique situation

of the father and son combination. "Saving Daddy's Job" is not the goal what North Texas

football is all about. The media will only view this theme, and not focus on the hard work the

staff, and the players, are putting into turning the team into a winning college football program.

I have always heard, "Any publicity is good publicity!"

I thought the story was good, and good publicity.

Decent article...good PR for the program. Any team with a father-son connection at the QB/Head Coach positions would get played in media as a "big deal". This is not the first time this has happened in college sports and will not be the last. It's good PR for UNT as it gets the team and the program on the radar screens of media outlets that would otherwise pay little attention...until of course, UNT goes Bowling once again.

GO MEAN GREEN...keep those cards and letter coming in!

The Dodge/Dodge story lead will be the focus of the local and national media this season.

North Texas will be followed by the media this season, just becasue of the unique situation

of the father and son combination. "Saving Daddy's Job" is not the goal what North Texas

football is all about. The media will only view this theme, and not focus on the hard work the

staff, and the players, are putting into turning the team into a winning college football program.

Really? Is the nation following Colorado any more or less because of their daddy/son situation?

I do not know if the Colorado duo of the Hawkin's will gain more or less national media attention.

Already, stories in these news medias, USA Today, The FWST, and WFAA, had features that reviewed the Dodge's father/son/NT football relationship.

Will all types of national and local news media focus on the Dodge's? No. I am expecting the Dodge's will be

one story line the media will pick up on, and could feature throughout the season.

Really? Is the nation following Colorado any more or less because of their daddy/son situation?

Nation? Don't know, but probably in Colorado and surrounding areas.

Good pub in our recruiting backyard. I could care less if the national media picks up this story. I'd rather have national attention due to winning, which I anticipate will be around the corner. I would expect that if the program does get back on the winning track then the national media may pick this up later.

Nice to see the write up and front page photo in USAToday

USAToday thread

Guess that answers the question about national media.