Wildcat Formations

NT03

Everyone is doing it. With a very deep backfield that will be our strength I think we will/should see some type of "wildcat" formation.

Let's line up all 3 backs , maybe have Riley move out wide while Tune takes the snap ? Something along those lines. Give me your thoughts,formations and ideas.

C'mon MeanGreen fans the lines are open we want to hear from u , the fan !!!

I need a little football talk.... 30 days away MoFo's!!!

Everyone is doing it. With a very deep backfield that will be our strength I think we will/should see some type of "wildcat" formation.

Let's line up all 3 backs , maybe have Riley move out wide while Tune takes the snap ? Something along those lines. Give me your thoughts,formations and ideas.

I'd love to see that; I'm from Wichita Falls where they used the single wing for years under the legendary Joe Golding. Won some state championships that way! Some say it was the original spread formation; but the wildcat is used a lot differently than the old single-wing; now it's more of a change up, maybe half run, half pass, I think.

You wouldn't bring in a less mobile QB like Tune in place of an athletic QB like Dodge in the Wildcat. I hope to see some zone ready plays with our RB stable and Rileys running ability.

You wouldn't bring in a less mobile QB like Tune in place of an athletic QB like Dodge in the Wildcat. I hope to see some zone ready plays with our RB stable and Rileys running ability.

One theory I've seen is to replace the QB with a running back; the modern wildcat replaces the wingback with a receiver. We have at least one receiver in this year's class who has been a QB, and is supposedly a tough athlete.

One theory I've seen is to replace the QB with a running back; the modern wildcat replaces the wingback with a receiver. We have at least one receiver in this year's class who has been a QB, and is supposedly a tough athlete.

I would seriously doubt we will see the wildcat, becuase we essentialy run a version of the wildcat as our normal offense. The wildcat really only works for teams that have pocket QB's, not running QB's. This is why it has become so popular in the NFL.

I would seriously doubt we will see the wildcat, becuase we essentialy run a version of the wildcat as our normal offense. The wildcat really only works for teams that have pocket QB's, not running QB's. This is why it has become so popular in the NFL.

I thought it was two good RBs and a mobile QB.