Important Things Rv Mentioned In The Chat

Let's hope these things pan out and are followed through and isn't just more wishful thinking.

1. Creating a Baseball team once the stadium construction is started and having it compete on a national scene. This would be a dream come true for so many Mean Green Faithful.

2. Stadium: Growndbreaking Nov 09, Construction started Jan 10, Completion July 11. Enough said, lets see it happen.

3. Bringing back the darker jerseys and helmets, God Bless whoever posed this question: We are sticking with what we have, which is the look of SLC HS.

4. First opponent at the new stadium: TBA..... As long as its not Texas State or an SBC team, im happy. Im still holding out for Texas A&M or Texas Tech.

5. Expect more In-state games being schedule because of the economy: This will attract more fans and rivalries, great job.

6. Pedestrian Bridge still planned with TxDOT to link Fouts parking and new stadium.

7.Will the stadium be over 30,000 seats, Yes, it will. Let hope its at least 35,000 seats and a two-tier stadium

8. Most Importantly: What are your expections for this season: RV has talked wit TD and told him that more wins are expect especially on the SBC games, and games need to be close and available for wins, not blowout losses as we have seen. Come December we will analyze the past season and see what needs to be done.

No improvements and TD is out by December. RV has told TD his expectations, No progress towards more wins and SBC conference wins then the football program will be analyzed.

That is all.

7.Will the stadium be over 30,000 seats, Yes, it will. Let hope its at least 35,000 seats and a two-tier stadium

What about the drawings that have been shown would lead you to believe that this will be a two tier? This is a single level stadium as the drawings currently show. It can be expanded, so that is when a second level would be added. Why does it matter if we only have one level? I don't enderstand that as being a need. As for the number of seats, I don't think that will be known until the final plans are completed.

3. Bringing back the darker jerseys and helmets, God Bless whoever posed this question: We are sticking with what we have, which is the look of SLC HS.

At least SLC HS has a logo on the helmet...which I suppose RV was open to in the chat yesterday. Bring on the logo!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that it comes down to what your definition of a 'tier' is. Normally, a tier mean levels, or rows of seats with a break for traffic (or access). If that's your interpretation then yes, it will be more than one tier. Even Fouts has two tiers.

I consider the initial phase of the stadium to be three tiers (levels). The lower level, the upper level, and the suite/pressbox level. I believe that the club will be on the suite level but with seating on the upper level.

Now, if you mean having a second deck as the second tier then no, I don't think that you will see that until the expansion.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Let's hope these things pan out and are followed through and isn't just more wishful thinking.

4. First opponent at the new stadium: TBA..... As long as its not Texas State or an SBC team, im happy. Im still holding out for Texas A&M or Texas Tech.

WHY?! Do you really want our first game to be remembered as the day it was full of Aggies?

1. Creating a Baseball team once the stadium construction is started and having it compete on a national scene. This would be a dream come true for so many Mean Green Faithful.

2. Stadium: Growndbreaking Nov 09, Construction started Jan 10, Completion July 11. Enough said, lets see it happen.

5. Expect more In-state games being schedule because of the economy: This will attract more fans and rivalries, great job.

6. Pedestrian Bridge still planned with TxDOT to link Fouts parking and new stadium.

8. Most Importantly: What are your expections for this season: RV has talked wit TD and told him that more wins are expect especially on the SBC games, and games need to be close and available for wins, not blowout losses as we have seen. Come December we will analyze the past season and see what needs to be done.

No improvements and TD is out by December. RV has told TD his expectations, No progress towards more wins and SBC conference wins then the football program will be analyzed.

That is all.

You're welcome.

Love the darker green unis. I'd like to see a dark green helmut with those silvery flecks in it to give it a little sparkle like they do these days with a white 70s Worm logo on the sides...and a disco ball hanging above video scoreboard that rotates after we score.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

WHY?! Do you really want our first game to be remembered as the day it was full of Aggies?

Well I was thinking of as the day we beat the aggies in our new stadium. Texas A&M is the most overrated Big 12 school.

The are prone to upsets every game they play in. They're terrible, guarantee you that if we play A&M instead of Baylor that one time in 2003 in Fouts, we would have had the win.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Well I was thinking of as the day we beat the aggies in our new stadium. Texas A&M is the most overrated Big 12 school.

The are prone to upsets every game they play in. They're terrible, guarantee you that if we play A&M instead of Baylor that one time in 2003 in Fouts, we would have had the win.

You know A&M beat Baylor 73-10 that year - but you know, keep telling yourself what you want to believe. I think we would have beat those bad Texas teams in the 1980s.

One edit: 2003 North Texas could possibly beat A&M, but it all goes back to those most tired analogy on the bored. Far superior size and speed almost always beats moderate talent (see Notre Dame vs. Navy 96% of the time).

Edited by Quoner

You know A&M beat Baylor 73-10 that year - but you know, keep telling yourself what you want to believe. I think we would have beat those bad Texas teams in the 1980s.

One edit: 2003 North Texas could possibly beat A&M, but it all goes back to those most tired analogy on the bored. Far superior size and speed almost always beats moderate talent (see Notre Dame vs. Navy 96% of the time).

I wish this board was as civil as the Non-UNT Sports Board. All you guys do is bicker on here.

So... you're saying we are guaranteed to beat agy 4% of the time??? YESSSS!!!!!

Yep, and SMU used to beat TCU all the time. Things can change in the world that is college football. I am thinking things will change for the better for UNT football in 2009. GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR UNT FOOTBALL.*

*Note: just thought it was time to get that in as the season is getting closer and closer. :lol:

Your post is the winner here--if someone thinks that we would have beaten A&M during that year, they are high. Our offensive philosphy would have been to run the ball every down and we would have been lucky to score a touchdown against them. Except for the Baylor game in 2003, name the other OOC BCS school we played under Dickey where we scored more than two TDs? Of the top of my head, I cant think of one.

Your post is the winner here--if someone thinks that we would have beaten A&M during that year, they are high. Our offensive philosphy would have been to run the ball every down and we would have been lucky to score a touchdown against them. Except for the Baylor game in 2003, name the other OOC BCS school we played under Dickey where we scored more than two TDs? Of the top of my head, I cant think of one.

I didn't mean this as a let's boost A&M or attack Dickey's philosophy, I just get worn out when random assertions like this are made by the same source every year with no logic to back them up.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Somewhere back in the late 90s I seem to recall us scoring 21 against Tech. And, we did it again in our loss to Colorado. But you're right. It just wasn't Dickey's style to score points in spite of his being a college quarterback.