Awasom Drafted In Ufl Draft

cjones

did you notice that new york picked up a wr from japan and an og from germany?

No, but I noticed Fassel was the only coach who didn't draft a QB. Fassel, Haslett, Cottrell and Denny Green...not a bad group of coaches. I recognize the names of many of those players, but wonder how many will actually play for the teams that drafted them. I also noticed the season is scheduled to begin in October and end with the championship game on Thanksgiving weekend...that's a really short season but I completely understand their desire to not directly compete with the NFL homestretch and playoffs.

I give it two years. I'm sure the investment by Paul Pelosi in the league will keep many on the board from wanting to support it.

UFL Mission Statement:

"To fulfill the unmet needs of football fans in major markets currently underserved by professional football by providing a high quality traditional football league comprised of world class professional football players. The UFL will serve the communities with pride, dedication and passion, and uphold a leadership role in the development of football worldwide. The UFL will provide every fan with an affordable, accessible, exciting and entertaining game experience."

Funny, considering that mission statement, I wonder why they didn't include Detroit as a franchise market?? :lol:

awasom screwed up his chance in the nfl with the giants. dui at the superbowl, dude?

That's harsh bro... people screw up. I am going to bet he was celebrating making it to a Superbowl... and had too much to drink. Got pulled over... career over. Any one of us would pay a hefty price but not be knocked down from the NFL to a start-up football league, you know? I will support him and hope for the best. God knows that I am not a perfect person, must be nice Love ;)

awasom screwed up his chance in the nfl with the giants. dui at the superbowl, dude?

Kinda have to agree with you here. Your playing in the Super Bowl!!!!! Take a cab, take a limo, walk home, tell someone "hey I'm playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday, I'm drunk can you take me home?, go home with a random girl, who cares but don't drive and get busted the week of the Super Bowl.

Edited by H-towngreen

Lay off Awasom. He knows he made a mistake. He doesn't need y'all bringin it up every time he does something to get back in the game. People make mistakes. He hasn't made any other horrible mistakes since, so lesson probably learned and debt to society probably paid. Let it go. He's a great guy to know, and one of the better players to come out of this university. 3 sport lettermen. Not many people at north Texas can claim that honor. I hope 85 does well and gets whatever he is working toward. Good luck " Big Spida ".

Ps. I'm baaaaaaack

Edited by DirtySavage

Of course DUI is serious and gets lots of people killed, but it seems like many here were ok with Michael Vick getting back to the NFL, after being conviceted of what amounts to killing dogs in a cruel manner. Not to mention that he was gambling, but not convicted of it, which is generally a death sentence in any sport. I do think Awasom has paid a sufficient price that we should now give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd say a lot of us on this board have only been fortunate in not being arrested on alcohol-related offenses at some point, like our college years. I hope Awasom has learned his lesson well.

The UFL, if it survives infancy, will just become an NFL developmental league.

That would be cool with me since there is no more NFL Europe.