Nt Needs To Join Sbc Baseball

NT80

I saw that Friday both WKU and MTSU won their opening baseball games in the Regionals against Mizzou and Vandy. The SBC has been a good baseball league for several years, we should be in it. How are those programs able to afford it with Title IX but we can't, what do we sponsor extra that they don't? :blink:

• Downvote 2

Guest GrayEagleOne

I agree about the necessity for baseball especially for anyone in the Sun Belt Conference.

I believe that we are in the Top 5 of most Title IX compliant now and could probably add it without rebuff from the NCAA or women's groups. We already sponsor ten women's sports to only six men's.

The stadium was, and still is, the most pressing need but as soon as we possibly can, we should renew the baseball program. Furthermore, I believe that there is somewhere in the neighborhood of $750,000 sitting in designated funds for baseball only. It's a great start; we could poorboy it in and add to it later. At least we have an AD who is pro baseball.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I agree about the necessity for baseball especially for anyone in the Sun Belt Conference.

I believe that we are in the Top 5 of most Title IX compliant now and could probably add it without rebuff from the NCAA or women's groups. We already sponsor ten women's sports to only six men's.

The stadium was, and still is, the most pressing need but as soon as we possibly can, we should renew the baseball program. Furthermore, I believe that there is somewhere in the neighborhood of $750,000 sitting in designated funds for baseball only. It's a great start; we could poorboy it in and add to it later. At least we have an AD who is pro baseball.

it will be r.v.'s next major project once the football stadium is completed. besides the sunbelts success in baseball, note cusa, which requires all members to field a baseball team[smu was grandfathered in]. i have to believe that at some point the 2 conferences will work together to create geographical balance for both.

it will be r.v.'s next major project once the football stadium is completed. besides the sunbelts success in baseball, note cusa, which requires all members to field a baseball team[smu was grandfathered in]. i have to believe that at some point the 2 conferences will work together to create geographical balance for both.

Neither Smut, Tulsa nor UTEP have baseball.

• Downvote 2

UNT would be in the CWS a few times each decade if we just had a team....

If we put resources into it then who knows. I think RV knows where our resources are at and you can only hammer your head so many times per year,

I would put your sights on 2012-2015....If then no baseball team then let's call for Ricks head.

Would it not be nice if the City of Denton put in a baseball stadium somewhere near downtown. Now that would be worth a day trip with my son in April.

UNT vs. Texas State downtown denton Double header.

Well who know's maybe one day....

You want a hotel in Denton. Try a Convention Center hotel baseball stadium....maybe a live music venue...... Rick what are you doing????

So sorry it's 4:20 am and I can't sleep......

Congrats to the College Of Law UNT-D

• 4 weeks later...

most baseball teams get very small attendance from fans so the need for a stadium is not that great. You can use a HS stadium for most games and for the bigger OOC games you can play in Frisco. The biggest budget items are travel and coaching. I really do not get why UNT does not have a baseball team.

Biggest reason NT does not have baseball yet, besides funding, is Title IX. It is on the future agenda, hopefully soon.

• Downvote 2

Biggest reason NT does not have baseball yet, besides funding, is Title IX. It is on the future agenda, hopefully soon.

UNT is in better standing then most with respect to Title IX. I get the feeling that UNT is trying to fix what they already have before going into Baseball (but I have absolutely nothing to back up that last statement).

UNT is in better standing then most with respect to Title IX. I get the feeling that UNT is trying to fix what they already have before going into Baseball (but I have absolutely nothing to back up that last statement).

UNT recently received an A+ for it's Title IX compliance, and I think ranked #1 in the country. Still, I'd prefer to maybe just be in the Top 25 and have baseball too! :rolleyes:

• Downvote 2

And I've got the guy right here:

Maybe the best JC coach in the country

Joe Wharton is a local native (R.L. Turner, Carrollton), Baylor grad, Yankees draft pick, holds a master's degree from A&M-Commerce.

And his teams at Richland have won the NJCAA World Series national championship four times, including this year, and have finished in the top five nationally in four other years. His career coaching record is 429-227.

Renew baseball, and hire Joe Wharton.

I have a UNT Baseball T-Shirt...wore it to the GMG.COM Bowl this year "just for fun" and no one said a word about it...I guess they all missed the humor in me wearing a North Texas Baseball shirt...some folks just don't have much of a sense of humor! :lol:

I have a UNT Baseball T-Shirt...wore it to the GMG.COM Bowl this year "just for fun" and no one said a word about it...I guess they all missed the humor in me wearing a North Texas Baseball shirt...some folks just don't have much of a sense of humor! :lol:

not true...i told you how ironic it was to see you in a baseball shirt considering hiw much you preach about soccer....do you not remember this convo? :)