Unt Insider: March 2009 Alumni Newsletter

kj86

I guess most of us get this e-mail every month from Dr. Battaille. I'm very disappointed that the stadium does not get mentioned in these things. I've drafted an e-mail response. Does anyone see any problem with this?

President Battaille,

I am disappointed once again that there is no update on the new football stadium in this Newsletter. This is a very high profile development at the University...one that will change the image of and culture at UNT forever and I think at least monthly updates are warranted.

Thanks for your attention,

I cannot help but think that when we leave the spring game, etc. we will have just as many questions as we do now...Kinda like listening to some politician and then saying to yourself 'what did he just say?'...hope I'm wrong.

I cannot help but think that when we leave the spring game, etc. we will have just as many questions as we do now...Kinda like listening to some politician and then saying to yourself 'what did he just say?'...hope I'm wrong.

I doubt that. They would not promote an event regarding information about the stadium project only to turn everyone away as clueless as before.

I can't believe that even our university is that incompetent.

Edited by UNTflyer

I doubt that. They would not promote an event regarding information about the stadium project only to turn everyone away as clueless as before.

:rolleyes: I'd suggest we bookmark this thread. My gut tells me there will be token information available because we are "still in the silent phase". :blink:

Edited by DeepGreen

:rolleyes: I'd suggest we bookmark this thread. My gut tells me there will be token information available because we are "still in the silent phase". :blink:

I don't think it will still be in the silent phase, but it will be in the dig deep in your wallet alum phase. Much like the speeches given before the Rice game, RV will have you fired up that it's about to happen while when you listen to Dr. B closely you 'll see that she is just rehashing her we will have a stadium "sometime someday". Listen closely to what is said because she is truly non-commital but will take all the credit if others do manage to make it happen.

they did this last fall when they presented the model under tent with nobody there to answer questions plus the renderings on the fouts walls and even toilets but no answers to questions. lots of hints but no facts.

Maybe you will change your mind saturday. The only think I am looking forward to saturday is seeing everyone. I have no hope we will learn much more about this stadium. Why in the world do you wait till your spring game to "unveil" everything? I am also not very interested in watching the game. We won't learn much about this team until game 1.

Guest GrayEagleOne

You just have not been around long enough.

Is 60 years long enough?

Usually the modus operandi for UNT is to tell nothing until it looks certain to happen. If it were merely a campaign to obtain more donors, historically that would be done by letter and/or phone calls. Why expose yourselves to ridicule and controversy by putting out false information or a public campaign destined to fail?

For better or worse, I believe that the information given on Saturday will be where we currently stand, how the stadium will look basicly, and what remains to be done. It won't answer all of our questions or tell us what we want to hear (unless by some miracle they tell us that the amount needed is a done deal).

We have been hypercritical in the past toward RV for his lack of communication. In my opinion, if there's nothing to tell that is truly newsworthy it is better to remain silent. A truism is..."silence turns away criticism."

While I don't believe that we will come away with as many questions as we have now, that doesn't mean that we will learn everything that we want to know nor will there be no need to modify some parts of the information given. It's okay to be skeptical; just don't let it destroy your enjoyment of Saturday's presentation.

Is 60 years long enough?

Usually the modus operandi for UNT is to tell nothing until it looks certain to happen. If it were merely a campaign to obtain more donors, historically that would be done by letter and/or phone calls. Why expose yourselves to ridicule and controversy by putting out false information or a public campaign destined to fail?

For better or worse, I believe that the information given on Saturday will be where we currently stand, how the stadium will look basicly, and what remains to be done. It won't answer all of our questions or tell us what we want to hear (unless by some miracle they tell us that the amount needed is a done deal).

We have been hypercritical in the past toward RV for his lack of communication. In my opinion, if there's nothing to tell that is truly newsworthy it is better to remain silent. A truism is..."silence turns away criticism."

While I don't believe that we will come away with as many questions as we have now, that doesn't mean that we will learn everything that we want to know nor will there be no need to modify some parts of the information given. It's okay to be skeptical; just don't let it destroy your enjoyment of Saturday's presentation.

in other words, expect nothing, get satisfied. lack of a plan is a plan in some failed corporations in the news recently. we could be the gm of 1-a football programs.