Tournament Upsets

UNTflyer

WOW. I kind of root for Baylor basketball these days after all that junk they had with Bliss. Isn't WVA coached by Huggins? Who is coaching OSU these days?
WVA is coached by Huggins, yes.

Travis Ford coaches Oklahoma State. He came from UMass.

What happened to the younger Sutton?

He was canned after last season. He didn't have a helluva lot of success there, and the alums didn't care for him much from what I read on their boards.

The loss to us probably didn't help matters either. :lol:

He was canned after last season. He didn't have a helluva lot of success there, and the alums didn't care for him much from what I read on their boards.

The loss to us probably didn't help matters either. :lol:

Thanks, I figured you would probably know. I am so far removed from college basketball outside of North Texas and Arkansas. I used to watch games all the time.

Thanks, I figured you would probably know. I am so far removed from college basketball outside of North Texas and Arkansas. I used to watch games all the time.

:lol: No problem. I keep up with way too much college basketball. You know it's bad when I'm looking at CBI and CIT Bracketology.

What's that line from Hoosiers? "I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented." :lol:

:lol: No problem. I keep up with way too much college basketball. You know it's bad when I'm looking at CBI and CIT Bracketology.

What's that line from Hoosiers? "I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented." :lol:

Top 5 of all time sports movies.

What the heck is the CIT? I have heard of the CBI.

Top 5 of all time sports movies.

What the heck is the CIT? I have heard of the CBI.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/

I think they're trying to compete with the CBI....whose stated mission was trying to compete with the NIT(which like, wasn't gonna happen...hardly any school is gonna pick the CBI over the NIT).

Edited by CMJ

http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/

I think they're trying to compete with the CBI....whose stated mission was trying to compete with the NIT(which like, wasn't gonna happen...hardly any school is gonna pick the CBI over the NIT).

I noticed the selection committee are the editors of that website, perhaps an e-mail campaign would help?

I noticed the selection committee are the editors of that website, perhaps an e-mail campaign would help?

Perhaps. We must also wonder....is the team even practicing in the faint hope we get in somewhere? Because I could see us turning an invite down if not. Chances are we'd be playing a game next Tuesday, so we'd have....like almost a week with no practce before we find out late Sunday night, and then we'd have to turn around and play about 44 hoours or so later. So maybe 1 day or practice after almost a week off.

So in other words....I hope we're still practicing. Even if it's just easy drills...just in case.

Edited by CMJ

and CMJ doesnt have to talk to him self anymore...becuase im here!

:lol: It was just such an amazing contest, couldn't help it. I think they said there had only been a handful of 6OT games in the history of college basketball and just one that went 7OT's. So it was really historic.

Edited by CMJ

Kansas

Oklahoma

Pitt

UConn

Now if NC and Duke lose in the ACC tournament the potential top six seeds in the NCAA will have lost in their conference tournaments. Has this ever happened before?

Kansas

Oklahoma

Pitt

UConn

Now if NC and Duke lose in the ACC tournament the potential top six seeds in the NCAA will have lost in their conference tournaments. Has this ever happened before?

I can't tell you a year, but there have been blood baths on Conference Championship week before. If Louisville runs the Big East Tourney(which now seems likely with Connecticut and Pitt gone). And I think if Michigan State runs the Big 10 they have to be a 1 seed with a dozen wins over the top 50 in the RPI.

I watched the Syracuse - UCONN game at a bar last night with a ton of UCONN fans...that is until it hit the 4th overtime at closing time and the bar kicked us out. Kinda glad Syracuse won...I felt bad for Devendorf after the second(?) OT...the ball was a hundreth of a second away from being gone in time

I watched the Syracuse - UCONN game at a bar last night with a ton of UCONN fans...that is until it hit the 4th overtime at closing time and the bar kicked us out. Kinda glad Syracuse won...I felt bad for Devendorf after the second(?) OT...the ball was a hundreth of a second away from being gone in time
That was actually at the end of regulation I think.