Meen Green Men's Basketball Game Tonight

chrisfisher

Admins please leave this in the football forum if possible. We need to get everyone out to the game tonight.

The Mean Green takes on the first place Trojans of Arkansas-Little Rock tonight at 7:00pm. This should be a downright battle as we lost on the road by a single point in OT in the last meeting. The Mean Green are on a 4 game win streak featuring nothing short of dominant performances over SBC opponents. Adam McCoy is on fire and Josh White is returning to freshman form...and the players seem to have found a new chemistry. This may be your last opportunity this season to catch a home game depending on the final SBC standings. And if this isn't enough, tonight is senior night so get out to the Super Pit to honor our seniors and for what has the makings of a fantastic game!

Admins please leave this in the football forum if possible. We need to get everyone out to the game tonight.

The Mean Green takes on the first place Trojans of Arkansas-Little Rock tonight at 7:00pm. This should be a downright battle as we lost on the road by a single point in OT in the last meeting. The Mean Green are on a 4 game win streak featuring nothing short of dominant performances over SBC opponents. Adam McCoy is on fire and Josh White is returning to freshman form...and the players seem to have found a new chemistry. This may be your last opportunity this season to catch a home game depending on the final SBC standings. And if this isn't enough, tonight is senior night so get out to the Super Pit to honor our seniors and for what has the makings of a fantastic game!

Actually by my reckoning we are now assurred of a home game March 4.

Here is my logic, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The top three teams in the conference have byes in the March 4 round. Five teams will have home games, five will have road games. To have a home game, we need to finished higher than the bottom five.

We have six losses, so even if we lose out the worse we can do is have nine losses. Four teams (UNO, ArkSt, ULM and FAU) already have ten or more losses, and thus will finished below us. Two teams now have nine losses and thus if they win out and we lose out will tie us at 9-9. Those two teams are FIU and ULL and we have the head-to-head tie-breaker against both. Thus we are assured of not finishing in the bottom five, and in fact have the 7th seed cinched.

So we can finished anywhere from 4th seed to 7th seed, but in any event, will be at home March 4.

Like I said, correct me if I am wrong.

But the real message is we should show up tonight for a tough game (Shields is 8-2 vs UNT) and to honor our seniors.

It would take a monumental miracle to not get a home game. We would have to lose out, and other teams would need to win out.

1 more win and we clinch.

My point is, even if we lose out and someone wins out, we have a home game.

again, correct me if I am wrong.

My point is, even if we lose out and someone wins out, we have a home game.

again, correct me if I am wrong.

If we lose out and LALA, UNO, and FIU win out, it would come down to some tiebreakers. I haven't shaken them all out, but you are probably right. However, win tonight and it is 100% certain.

Plus, we want that #4 seed so we need to keep winning. :D

Edited by UNTflyer

Call me a sentimentalist, but I think Howerton, McCoy, Dennis, and Stewart should all start - with DJ at the point. Sure, you can pull'em at the first dead ball, but I'm big on letting your Seniors start their last home game(not counting the Conference Tourney).

I'm gonna miss all those guys, but I'll leave the "Thank You Seniors" thread for seasons end. I hope we get a big crowd, the team deserves it.

Actually by my reckoning we are now assurred of a home game March 4.

Here is my logic, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The top three teams in the conference have byes in the March 4 round. Five teams will have home games, five will have road games. To have a home game, we need to finished higher than the bottom five.

We have six losses, so even if we lose out the worse we can do is have nine losses. Four teams (UNO, ArkSt, ULM and FAU) already have ten or more losses, and thus will finished below us. Two teams now have nine losses and thus if they win out and we lose out will tie us at 9-9. Those two teams are FIU and ULL and we have the head-to-head tie-breaker against both. Thus we are assured of not finishing in the bottom five, and in fact have the 7th seed cinched.

So we can finished anywhere from 4th seed to 7th seed, but in any event, will be at home March 4.

Like I said, correct me if I am wrong.

But the real message is we should show up tonight for a tough game (Shields is 8-2 vs UNT) and to honor our seniors.

Sure...give all the "non-basketball" people an excuse to stay home and say "I'll show up for the home game in the SBC tournament". :lol:

He's actually wrong...if you don't show up tonight you won't be able to see another NT game at the pit EVER!!!

Seriously though, these guys deserve a hell of a crowd tonight. All they've done is put themselves in position to graduate from NT with four 20 win seasons. Nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by emmitt01

Call me a sentimentalist, but I think Howerton, McCoy, Dennis, and Stewart should all start - with DJ at the point. Sure, you can pull'em at the first dead ball, but I'm big on letting your Seniors start their last home game(not counting the Conference Tourney).

I'm gonna miss all those guys, but I'll leave the "Thank You Seniors" thread for seasons end. I hope we get a big crowd, the team deserves it.

This team definately deserves a big crowd.

Come all ye Mean Green Faithful!

The only things that keep me out of Denton tonight are 750 round trip miles and 12 hours traveling time. Other than that, the Spirit of DeepGreen will be cheering the Mean Green on to victory. Plus, I'll certainly be in the Chat Room with CMJ and the rest of the Rat Pack Chatters. And you know who you are!