Who's Your Favorite Player And Why ?

NT03

I went with McCoy. I really thought this guy would've been close to leading the team in scoring this season...I think he has a world of talent and for whatever reason he has seen inconsistant minutes...but he has never pouted about it (so far as I know) and when he is called upon he plays his role and usually very well whether its for 2 minuts or 25. Thats a good teammate.

Josh White.

The guy is playing a support role and smiling every second of the way. When a potential star can sacrifice his personal stats for the good of the team... That's a valuable guy.

I have a second vote in the house for Mangrum. Rationale is that"he seems like a cool kid, I don't know, I just like him". She's seen more games than I have this year, so don't undervalue the analysis. :)

I went with McCoy. I really thought this guy would've been close to leading the team in scoring this season...I think he has a world of talent and for whatever reason he has seen inconsistant minutes...but he has never pouted about it (so far as I know) and when he is called upon he plays his role and usually very well whether its for 2 minuts or 25. Thats a good teammate.

X2

I like Powerton as a dude in general. Used to play some in the REC with him and he was always a really cool guy.

I went with McCoy because of the aforementioned team attitude and that I think his dad is one of the coolest guys I've met. But it's hard to choose one guy. If there's anything I notice about this team it's that there is no single "star." (Quotes used to amuse Quoner and Tasty). Also, I see these kids on campus and in class, and they're all really down to earth. No football attitude on this team when in the general population.

It's like choosing between children at this point. I'm growing to absolutely love these kids. We have so many guys who can do so many different things, it's unreal.

Ditto. But if I had to choose just one, it would have to be Tramiel. He's the total package. Scoring, rebounding, defense. He does it all.

What I like most about this poll....after about 20 votes, nearly everyone has a vote. It's pretty balanced - just like the team itself.

Or you could say, we don't have a designated go-to-guy, when the game is on the line, and if our team is balanced, where is our defense at the end of close games? I love our team, but I'm concerned about these things going into the end of the season and the tournament. I hope our offense stays on a roll.

Not even close for me... Eric Tramiel. Nobody works harder out on the floor then him as seen by several double-doubles and a slew of near double-doubles. He emerged as the all around consistent player we have lacked all season. When in doubt, get Eric the ball and good things happen. And it doesn't hurt that he shoots at around 60%.

Or you could say, we don't have a designated go-to-guy, when the game is on the line, and if our team is balanced, where is our defense at the end of close games? I love our team, but I'm concerned about these things going into the end of the season and the tournament. I hope our offense stays on a roll.

What does team defense have to do with offensive balance?

We don't have a true "go to" guy, that is true. It is both a blessing and a curse that we have about 6 guys who can put up 20 points in a given night.

What does team defense have to do with offensive balance?

We don't have a true "go to" guy, that is true. It is both a blessing and a curse that we have about 6 guys who can put up 20 points in a given night.

"What I like most about this poll....after about 20 votes, nearly everyone has a vote. It's pretty balanced - just like the team itself"

Where in your quote do you imply you are only referring to the offense? If you did, I'd agree our team is fairly balanced in its ability to score.

Where in your quote do you imply you are only referring to the offense? If you did, I'd agree our team is fairly balanced in its ability to score.

I meant offensively, I suppose I should've made it clear. That said I don't think we're exactly a bad team defensively. The way we play just means we're gonna score AND give up alot of points.

I meant offensively, I suppose I should've made it clear. That said I don't think we're exactly a bad team defensively. The way we play just means we're gonna score AND give up alot of points.

You are absolutely right. The way we play means we score and give up lots of points. I think giving up lots of points equates to a shaky defense at best, and I don't feel conceding points and trying to to win shootouts should be the expectation for our team. It is my opinion that this style of play will not be good enough to get us out of the second round of the Sun Belt Tournament.

We must become more consistent in our play every night and play more physically on defense. This team has that kind of talent.

Edited by Side Show Joe

You are absolutely right. The way we play means we score and give up lots of points. I think giving up lots of points equates to a shaky defense at best, and I don't feel conceding points and trying to to win shootouts should be the expectation for our team. It is my opinion that this style of play will not be good enough to get us out of the second round of the Sun Belt Tournament.

We must become more consistent in our play every night and play more physically on defense. This team has that kind of talent.

I mean I guess we could play in the 50's all the time like Denver, but they aren't winning on the road or anything. Usually the more defensive minded you are, the less points you're gonna score and vice versa. The tempo in which the game is played at is changed.

Denver plays with at least 3, more often 4 and sometimes all 5 players beyond three-point line. After they take a shot, everyone turns and runs back to the defensive end to set up their defense. It is almost impossible to get a transition basket against Denver. The price they pay is they get few offensive rebounds and second chance field goals.

Color commentator Jimmy Dykes once described the Mean Green as crawling all over each other to get offensive rebounds. During the 2007 Sun Belt championship game he said, "Another North Texas offensive weapon, the missed shot."

Of course we have to pay a price for that style of play. Sometimes we won't get back in time to get set on defense.