Unt's Next Head Coach Has To Be Black

MeanGreenZen

Yes, but these people are not just going to show up out of the blue and give you time and money. Like I said before, even though I was a member of the NT Exes, I never received one call from the AD department requesting monetary support. Even though you don't have a successful program to sell, you do have a new stadium and great gameday atmosphere to sell. A lot of my college friends had no idea that there was a tailgaiting scene or activities for the kids pre-game. You can't expect these people to magically figure this out without ANY publicity.

Things are changing slowly. I work DT FW and I see at least 9 or 10 UNT shirts a week. This is up from 0 that I saw about 5 years ago. RV has initiated a lot of programs to get students connected to UNT while they are there, which will be beneficial in the future, but you still have to solicite them. No one will just show up at your door and give you money.

90 and Green Machine,

You are right, people aren't just going to show up and give money. But then again, how do you stay in touch with people who do not even care to update their contact info when they move over the years. People at other schools get jobs, new cars, and can't wait to get a Univ. of Whatever EX on the back windshield without any solicitation. I get stuff from UNT throughout the year pretty often. They have had campaigns for season tix including the family packages, etc. I do expect people to take some responsibility. I agree with you and Green Machine that communication could be a whole lot better. The athletic department's website is not very reliable either. There is room for improvement everywhere.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

90 and Green Machine,

You are right, people aren't just going to show up and give money. But then again, how do you stay in touch with people who do not even care to update their contact info when they move over the years. People at other schools get jobs, new cars, and can't wait to get a Univ. of Whatever EX on the back windshield without any solicitation. I get stuff from UNT throughout the year pretty often. They have had campaigns for season tix including the family packages, etc. I do expect people to take some responsibility. I agree with you and Green Machine that communication could be a whole lot better. The athletic department's website is not very reliable either. There is room for improvement everywhere.

A subscription to publicdata.com and an Alumni list would be a good place to start. In this day and age, it is not hard to find productive members of society.

Edited by UNT90

How about we hire a gay coach, Think of that untapped gay recruit pool.

Please lock this thread.

A gay coach? Now I've heard it all. Take one word/Name from this song and replace it with GMG.com.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're welcome.

Edited by Green P1

I still think that if we protected a bit better and added some speed to our receiving corps, it would open up the whole offense. You will then begin to see the offense as it was meant to be. It seems they have added speed and blocking should improve with the current group. The defense is a whole different animal that will only improve once the dline is improved. I still believe in TD when not many do. I am willing to give him the four years necessary.

GMG

---People should be hired because of ability or need.. PERIOD... hiring or not hiring someone because of race is racism ... I don't which race or even which gender you are. We have for the most part moved way beyond that and should just hire the best available with the skills needed.

----I do understand having a variety of groups on staff for recruiting purposes and public relations. In some businesses I even understand hiring a Hispanic simply because you need a Spanish speaking person on staff....even if they happen to be less capable otherwise....they have a skill you need, but in general hire the most capable person and ignore ethic group... America and you will be better off.

Newsflash: not all racists are Anglo... other groups have them as well. Also gender discrimination was once as bad or worse than race discrimination. example: Sandra Day O'Conner (ex-Supreme Court Justice) could not get a job after finishing law school despite being #2 in her class. Should we just hire a coach that is a woman because there are none coaching now........ really stupid. Affirmative action is rarely needed now..... for the most part its time has passed.

--- I've noticed that affirmative action doesn't apply to players... especially NBA... one group seems to be over-represented. ( ability seems to be the issue not ethic group) If no quota there or with that group then not other places either with other groups.