Drake Gone

flyeater

Your anger is misdirected.

I don't think Vito is to blame, he's just reporting the facts. Seems to me the blame lies with the players that chose to smoke pot.

Then again, the m.o. Of this board lately is personal attacks and sophmoric humor by a couple of posters.

and you in a personal flame war with TFLF is just good form, huh?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you in a personal flame war with TFLF is just good form, huh?

You know, I should just ignore it but the constant attacks on players, coaches, administrators, the arguing about politics, personal beliefs, etc... and the constant highjacking of threads to interject sexual jokes/inuendo is making this board a beat down.

You know, I should just ignore it but the constant attacks on players, coaches, administrators, the arguing about politics, personal beliefs, etc... and the constant highjacking of threads to interject sexual jokes/inuendo is making this board a beat down.

As opposed to what athletics message board that wouldn't be a beat down? Please show me.

No matter how much the mods sugar coat things, ban violators and tighten the rules, this is the internet and - through and through - this board is a haven compared to anything (free boards, that is) I've ever seen.

I agree with most of the things you list, but acting like this is all new is just crazy talk. I joined the board because I couldn't believe the following:

1.) The vitriol directed at such a key group of coaches and administrators (back in 2005)

2.) The self-importance of a handful full of people

3.) To jack around as much as permitted to make this fun

4.) The blatant need for many, many, many more posters.

Yes, things have changed some here, but everything you mentioned was happening before. no one stumbled upon utopia and ruined it. The most vicious and shocking things I usually see come from several long-time posters who wanted to extend their discussions beyond what plays would work best on third down or harp on the same points over and over. I think everyone here is extremely weird and/or a little sad, and I think the level of comfort has only shown that to be true for all of us - especially me.

It's laughable to think Vito would be "replaced." He's actually doing his job - reporting. Dodge is the one not doing his job - winning football games in one of the weakest conferences in FBS football.

As I said before, this is the last season. Dodge has dug in, that's why he won't replace anyone on his staff. Everyone who stays will get one more season of college payday before they are all sent back to high school jobs. It makes me mad because any other coach we could have hired would actually be trying to get better coaches in here after two disasterous seasons.

What makes you so sure that Dodge didn't subtly (or not so) let Drake know he needed to start looking around---or better yet, that Dodge knew that Drake was already leaving when he made the statement about not releasing any coaches?

The last 2 years, we've had our worst units change coaches and absolutely no credit is given to Dodge for improving his staff. Makes no sense.

What makes you so sure that Dodge didn't subtly (or not so) let Drake know he needed to start looking around---or better yet, that Dodge knew that Drake was already leaving when he made the statement about not releasing any coaches?

The last 2 years, we've had our worst units change coaches and absolutely no credit is given to Dodge for improving his staff. Makes no sense.

I guess once improvement is seen then maybe most will change their minds and opinions.

Things change. Hopefully UNT football will change also, then maybe there wouldn't be so many beat downs to go around.

Things change. Hopefully UNT football will change also, then maybe there wouldn't be so many beat downs to go around.

UNT football goes in cycles, except that the downward cycle is unusually long for NT fans in modern times. I think Dodge is the 8th head coach I've watched at NT. I expect to see about 8 more in my lifetime. I know the show will go on, if this one is not too great, just wait and change will happen.

UNT football goes in cycles, except that the downward cycle is unusually long for NT fans in modern times. I think Dodge is the 8th head coach I've watched at NT. I expect to see about 8 more in my lifetime. I know the show will go on, if this one is not too great, just wait and change will happen.

This would be an example of things remaining the same. I believe (hope, expect, pray) that this pattern will change and UNT will experience real success.